anti-d today

lisac25

mum to 2 beautiful girls♥
Reaction score
i have got my app for my anti d jab today boo hoo, quite nervous, i'm not the greatest fan of needles, my daughter on the other hand seems to be taking great pleasure in the fact she gets to watch :rofl:
bless her though she keeps making me little notes saying be brave mummy, which of course i will have to be if she is watching haha

wasnt really that bothered about it untill the other day though, when someone told me ohhhh i had to have one of them and it REALLY hurt!!!!!!! oh yeah thanks for that :dohh:
so anyone else had one, how was it for u :rofl:

I didn't find it to bad, went in top of my arm but it made my arm feel really heavy for about 15mins after. They ask you to wait for a while after at my hospital to make sure you don't have any side effects.

Good Luck xxx

I had mine yesterday. It's not sore as such, just stings a bit. I felt absolutely fine afterwards and you can barely see the mark at all today.

You'll be fine. Just don't look at it, that's what I do.....oh, and deep breaths!

S x

I've got my second one next Friday. I had one after I had my amniocentesis a couple of months ago. They injected my thigh, it did sting and I felt a warm feeling as they were injecting me. It wasn't too bad, it was definatly better than the amniocentesis I'd had a couple of hours before.

thanks all, i'm off to the hospital now, will let u know how i get on x

hope it went well! I didn't find the shot to bad :)

Hi LisaC - I had my anti-D injection today too!
It was a lot less awful than I'd feared; uncomfortable (hurt quite a bit as the needle was coming out, strangely... urgh!) but not dreadful - arm went quite sore for a while - but a few hours later seems fine.
Interested to see that they are supposed to ask you to sit in the hospital for a while to check you are OK - this was not suggested to me!
Anyway - I hope your experience was no worse than mine, and that your daughter had a good time seeing how brave her Mummy is!

well i am back and i surived lol it wasnt half as bad as i thought it was gonna be, i have come to the conclusion my friend that told me it reallllllly hurts is a complete wuss lol
obviously the needle goin in was like a scratch and then my arm went a bit warm and numb, but was then fine, i was told i had to stay there for 20 mins but after 10 was told its ok to go, only downside i have to go back for another in 6 weeks but neva mind lol

oh and the nurse giving the jab was saying ohhh your good arent you, i thought she was talking to me at first but she was looking at my little girl watching the needle go in my arm and holding my hand with a big smile on her face lol strange child, x

Yeah, well done, Im glad it wasn't too bad for you, take care :hugs: XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->