• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anti-histamines and TTC

universa_2k

Reaction score
Hi all

I just wondered if any of you have any idea on this one?

I read that taking anti-histamines aren't good when you are ttc so for the 1st few cycles avoided them and last cycle got blazing +opk and great cm, this cycle I gave in due to runny itchy eyes, sneezing and being terribly blocked up! But i'm not sure if it could now be these that are affecting things this month :shrug:

My bbt has been all over the place, I don't seems to have much cm and my opks don't appear to be going +!! Maybe i'm just stressing over nothing but seems strange. It could just be that i'm gonna O later this cycle, once it was cd 19, then last cycle it was cd16 so maybe it will just be later again this time and i'm being impatient!! Just wondered if any of you have any experience of this? :wacko:

I'm taking Loratodine if that makes any difference?

One month while I was TTC, I was put on antihistamines for hives but didn't notice much difference to my CM. But I have heard it does dry you up. What did work for me was to use sperm friendly lube. It you're not already, try tempting vaginally. It really stabilized my temps.

I am in school now to be a Medical Assistant, so I was kind of excited to figure this out for you. I am also on singulair which helps with my allergies and asthma. I made sure to make sure it was safe for TTC and during pregnancy. As long as you are only taking it as directed it should be okay to use! I love using PDR you can look up basically any medication out there to find out if it is safe to us. Just make sure you are spelling the names correctly. This is a professional site that many Pharmacists use. Drugs have a "pregnancy category". So make sure to look for that, also even if googling for something you could type in for example: Pregnancy category for loratadine(Claritin). Hope that helps! Let me put a link in here for PDR. I also found some more info on loratadine from baby med that I will provide for you. I am also going to provide you will Drugs.com, this is another great resource to use. From my findings loratadine seems to be a category B, which is not bad.

https://www.pdr.net/drug-summary/claritin?druglabelid=1039

https://www.babymed.com/medications/loratadine-claritin-during-pregnancy-and-breastfeeding

https://www.drugs.com/pregnancy/loratadine.html

Thank you for replying, I have decided to ease off on the tabs for a bit and see what happens. I finally got a +opk or if not very close! yesterday, and have ewcm today so am hopeful that things are happening, just a bit later than last cycle.

We have been using conceive plus for the last 2 cycles anyway so cm isn't a problem for actual bd, its just judging my fertile time when its so dry! (sorry if tmi).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"