Anti sickness medication

xCookieDoughx

Mummy of 4
Reaction score
So the nausea and sickness are getting worse daily and even though I can keep some stuff down, I'm still being sick. Last night at 1am just randomly woke and puked :nope:

I've been prescribed these (see picture) and just wondered everyone who's taken them experience with them?
I don't want to feel and be sick anymore! My previous pregnancies the sickness was this bad but I just got on with it somehow, but this time I've got two small kids, both of whom are very hard work in their own ways!

Thanks!!!

This is the medication x

Attachments

• IMG_2961.jpg
    IMG_2961.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 17
I haven't taken that med but I have zofran for during the day and phenergan for the night, they help. Only downside is the zofran gives a headache (way worse when given IV). Makes being able to be up doable but it's no fun. Big hugs xxx

During pregnancy, as much as possible we do not want to take any medications so for me, I drink ginger tea for sickness remedy.

I'm 21 weeks now and have been on diclectin since about 7 or 8 weeks. I use to have to take 4 a day but now I'm onto 1 a day. I do regret getting medication for it since I cannot get off them everytime I miss taking 1 I feel extremely sick the next day. But it does help a lot and I can eat as much as I want without getting sick

I was on this with my last baby. It relieved the sickness almost completely but I personally couldn't function. I was so drowsy I could literally not keep my eyes open and I had a 2yr old to look after! Hope they work out for you xx

I had cyclizine also, I felt really sleepy but to be honest that could have been the pregnancy as much as anything else! They definitely helped, I wouldn't say it was totally gone but it was manageable! X

I have been so sick this pregnancy, I was also very sick for my last pregnancy. Last pregnancy they prescribed Zofran, which made me more sick. Then they put me on vitamin b6 and unisom. That helped and I stopped taking it after my 2nd trimester.

This pregnancy they tried to prescribe me with Zofran but I said no since my reaction last time. They had me try vitamin b6 and unisom again. Its working as long as I keep up with it. I can't take the unisom all the time tho because I've been so tired already this pregnancy so a sleep aid kicks my butt!

I also drink a lot of warm sparkling water, it really helps.

Not sure about your medicine...I did b6 + half a unisom and it was hugely helpful during the worst of my morning sickness. I also switched my prenatal to a food-derived one and that was another big help with morning sickness. Other than that, I ate about a million ginger chews and minty candies.

I just posted a thread about a cream I have found for my hyperemesis and it is called wild yam cream. I usually throw up all day every day of my pregnancies and I have only thrown up one day and that was yesterday when I thought I had left it at home on a trip away. I strongly recommend it! Good luck nausea and vomiting while pregnant is awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->