anti sickness tablets and tiredness?

gingajewel

Mommy to Megan
Reaction score
The doctor prescribed me anti sickness tablets last week as I cant stop been sick or feeling sick, however I just cant take them.
I took my full dose on Saturday and Sunday and I was so tired I literally slept for the whole weekend, I think I was awake for ten hours out of the whole weekend 😞 so I've stopped taking them but am feeling terrible still, do you think it would be worth asking for a different type all do they all make you so lethargic?

It's definitely worth going back, often they give you an antihistamine type as a first one, so that might be why you were so sleepy. Hope you're feeling better soon

My doctor has given me cyclizine 3 times a day, I took 2 on the first day, it knocked me out and I felt terrible the day after, like the worst hangover you can ever imagine! I'm now having just 1 a day about an hour before bed, and it is working well now. I've gone from being sick 10/15 times a day to only being sick twice in the last 5 days. I'd try lowering the dose, and if it's still bad for you go back to the dr, there are alternatives. Hope you feel better soon! I have full sympathy with you xx

Maybe try a Vitamin B Complex and Magnesium for Nausea. Mine is gone now and it almost scares me a bit how good I feel!

Got some from my GP yesterday and I was knocked out by 7pm.

Took one this morning but not sure they're helping with the sickness or not tbh but they are making me tired!

Marumi, that's really interesting as I was looking at the pink stork range. I might try the supplements and see how I get on as the pink stork range is quite pricey!

Thanks marumi I will look into that. I can't take the tablets I've got now, I've got work and a five year old to look after and they literally wiped me out, I couldn't stop sleeping!!

I remember. I was taking Zofran with my son. I was extremely sleepy and constipated.

Frangi33
I use NOW brand magnesium citrate which is supposedly well absorbed and purchased a Vitamin B Complex in the supplement store. Much more affordable than the name brand here and works well :)

The sleepiness wears off after a week. You get used to them and it no longer affects u. Keep taking them

I was prescribed cyclizine last Friday, after reading this I'm glad I never took. First I'm so paranoid and second I do not want to feel sleepy all day

I was prescribed cyclizine last Friday, after reading this I'm glad I never took. First I'm so paranoid and second I do not want to feel sleepy all day

I'm paranoid too but me dehydrating & being malnourished is a bigger risk to baby than the tablet. 1 cyclizine before bed, I've had the most peaceful nights sleep since I've been pregnant and I've only been sick twice in 5 days, rather than upto 15 times a day. I've already been admitted to hospital to be re-hydrated, I'll take a little sleepiness over that any day. And I have a 2 year old while OH works 45 hours a week so they aren't that bad lol. I just would not take more than 1 a day.

Oh that's understandable. It's difficult feeling sick when you have another little one to care for! I've been vomiting from 6 weeks. Constant nausea and finding it hard to keep simple things like water down. At 12 weeks I'm noticing I'm starting to get a couple of hours of feeling ok but I'm still sick when hungry and sick once I've eaten so I just can't win!

I guess you have to do what you feel is best x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"