Anti Virus

Cat

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Just wanted recomendations. my free AVG anti virus software expires next month, so Iwondered if anyone could recomend some other free virus software that I could install instead?

lol my AVG expired this month so im looking for a new one too :D

xx

Spill da beans ....... :lol:

If your AVG free is telling you its expiring soon, you just need to go to their website and download their new free version. I would also reccomend downloading AVG antispyware. Its free, and you get a 20or so day trial of the paid version. Doesnt have real time protection, but is great for scanning for spyware. It got 120ish spyware files off my laptop this morning.

KX said:
Spill da beans ....... :lol:
Off a friend - Will see if she can give me the setup on file (via email) rather than disc :p

Thanks, cause when ever I click the link to see about continuing it, it wants to charge me.

Cat, there's def still a free version:

https://free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti-virus-free/lng/us/tpl/v5

gaby said:
If your AVG free is telling you its expiring soon, you just need to go to their website and download their new free version. I would also reccomend downloading AVG antispyware. Its free, and you get a 20or so day trial of the paid version. Doesnt have real time protection, but is great for scanning for spyware. It got 120ish spyware files off my laptop this morning.

I did that but it still wouldnt work? :?

xx

Try the link in my post above. You need to get version 7.5 cause thats the new one

only just seen this, thanks, trying that link now

xx

Ooo, nasty. Get this one too:

https://free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti-spyware-free/lng/us/tpl/v5

oo i didnt know they did a spy ware, i use spybot so i think it would prob be about the same

xx

More programs you have, the more you'll catch. AVG spyware free doesnt do real time protection, but does have a great scanner. I've also known different programs to catch different spyware, as they have different lists / capabilities. And because AVG spyware free doesn't have real time protection, it wont add another annoying icon in your tray, lol. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->