Antibiotics and TTC

jemlou

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone knows if it is safe to :sex: while on antibiotics? I was on antibiotics just after my last af and now my OH is on antibiotics and its my OV day? Can the antibiotics damage the sperm or egg? Been looking on the web but can't find anything but my OH is worried that if I do get a :bfp: this month there will be something wrong with the baby. Anyone been through this and actually asked their doctor?

Hi, I don't think it should be much of an issue if your OH's on antibiotics. I don't think it would affect sperm, but if he's not well, then his libido might be impacted.

It would be a somewhat sticky situation if you're the one on antibiotics, as some antibiotics are not safe for the baby and also it might dry up your fertile cervical mucus. You will need to notify your doc that you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant so he/she can pescribe you pregnancy-safe antibiotics. Augmentin is a safe antibiotic to take during pregnancy, but I am not sure if it would dry up CM.

Probably something you'd need to ask your doctors. I had to take antibiotics when I was actually pregnant and they had to be a certain kind. If you ask your doctors and tell them you are TTC, then they should be able to help x

Thanks guys, the antibiotics I was on didn't seem to affect my got a +ve on the OPK this month and got the EWCM. OH's libido has definately been affected but he is not only on antibiotics for a kidney infection but he also has 7 stitches in his hand from attacking it with a saw a week ago!!!!!!!!!! Did manage to convince him that :sex: on saturday was a good idea but thats it for this month!!!! Maybe if I had given him some sympathy when he hurt his hand I may have got a bit more lucky, unfortunately the word muppet was used alot after he did it!!!! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->