Antibiotics early pregnacy safe?

Naturalmommi

Reaction score
I'm on antibiotics for a UTI and I'm about 4 weeks preg. Anyone else taken antibiotics in early Preg, is it safe?

I'm on antibiotics for a UTI and I'm about 4 weeks preg. Anyone else taken antibiotics in early Preg, is it safe?

Congrats on the pregnancy!

I took antibiotics at 4 weeks as well. Was given augmentin for 5 days. No problem so far!

I'd probably run it by your GP. I know there's not a great variety of medications during pregnancy but maybe you could get a pregnancy safe antibiotic :)

When I had a bad head cold when I was pregnant with DS I was all congested and yuck and my GP wouldn't give me anything at all, he said it's better to be safe then sorry

Xx

Ya I'm on a category B antibiotic so it's one of the safer ones but still scared

If your doctor said it's safe then you should be fine :)

I took grapefruitseed extract which is a more natural antibiotic for a UTI and it cleared up within a few days of taking it.
Antibiotics always cause me some horrible side effect so I avoid them like the plague.

I had a UTI in early pregnancy with my first two kids and took antibiotics. Both turned out fine. :flower:

Perfectly fine and a lot safer than a UTI. I had one at 7 weeks pregnant and took them for it. Everything was fine.

Thankyou ladies! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"