Anticlimax - feeling a bit sad

FlatShoes

Reaction score
After having a mcc in December last year the first 12 weeks of this pregnancy didnt seem real to me - It was like I was waiting for my scan to confirm I was pregnant. Totally different to with my DD (who is 3) when as soon as I had a positive test there was no doubt in my mind that in 9 months I would have a baby. I had my 12 week scan yesterday and everything went fine BUT I feel sad :( I though I would relax and enjoy it after a scan but all I can think now is that we have told people and if anything goes wrong how much harder it will be later on in pregnancy.

I really want to enjoy this but I just feel worried. I hate that a loss took away the miracle and beauty of pregnancy for me. Sorry, just ranting.

:cry:

I totally understand hun. I fwel the same.

I am only 7 weeks and although I have nausea I struggle to think that I am really pregnant where with DD I was on cloud 9 all the time. I am scared too buy anthing pregnancy related and definitely will not tell anybody until I am 2nd tri.

I think it almost feels like giving your virginity to a teen boy that didn't know what he was doing. Disapointing really.

Hey,

Having had 2 miscarriages, (most recent in February), I feel exactly the same. I'm about 8 weeks now, and it definitely feels surreal. I haven't had much nausea, whereas with my daughter I was sick everyday. So that in itself is really worrying me. Ugh. Anyway I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I know it's hard, but try to feel positive now that you've had your scan. Xx

Thank you for your frank and honest comments here. I'm pregnant with my first and I've been plagued with fears and doubts and a general feeling of "something's not quite right here." While I try not to obsess over the possibility of a miscarriage, I've noticed that my symptoms are fading (morning sickness, aversions to smells and food, needing to pee 4+ times at night, etc.) and everyone says to be excited about it, but I honestly feel a little scared and even a little unsurprised. My first appointment and scan are in about a week. I'm just nervous that there will be nothing there!! Hope we all start feeling a little less sad soon!

I'm totally feeling the same. I had a mmc in jan, we weren't planning on having anymore, so it was a surprise to find out I was pg. I'm just over 12 wks and we just started telling people. I want so much to be super excited like I was for my others, but I'm having trouble. I think I'm starting to get there, but it's slow going!!

100% agree. You worded it perfectly about the prior loss taking away the miracle and beauty of pregnancy. It's absolutely true. I'm almost 13 weeks, in the "safer" zone and still unable to fully enjoy it. I didn't really want to tell my family this week, but had to because I'm visiting them from out of town and obviously showing. I never understood people who were freaked out about everything through their pregnancies and I hate that I'm now one of those people. So, nope, you are not alone here. :)

I guess it won't be overnight - and each day we will get a bit less worried and a bit more happy!

Roll on being able to feel kicks, then our babies can reassure us that they are doing well :)

Thanks ladies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"