Antidepressant

rustyswife828

TTC 2nd miracle baby
Reaction score
Ok so my doctor has prescribed me lexepro... I'm on CD 17.. Is the medicine gonna affect my chart or ovulation???

I'm on lexapro and have been for 4 years. Works great for me. When/if we get pregnant my doctor and I decided we would address it then. I don't plan on going off. I'm so much better off mentally it makes me healthier physically.

Thanks! I'm hoping it helps with my anxiety. I just starting charting last cycle. Do you think it's going to affect your BBT and ovulation? I don't want it to mess up my cycles..
But I think it'll help me.

Have you discussed with the doctor who prescribed it that you're ttc? They should have better insight as to if it'll affect your ovulation. Sorry I don't have any better advice. Best of luck and I hope that the medication helps your anxiety:hugs:

I've been on it for a relatively long period of time and I wasn't charting or tracking ovulation before that but fertility wise it doesn't/wouldn't affect. Definitely let your doctor know you are TTC and as your questions though. They know best! Mine knows and while some women go off it some women stay on while pregnant. It's in the drug class where you should discuss benefits vs. risks with your doc. I feel comfortable staying on it while preggo. I feel the benefits out way the risks in my situation.

For what it's worth my sister in law has 3 kids. Went off her antidepressant with her first. Anxiety/depression was so bad throughout pregnancy and after that she went back on and stayed on throughout her next two pregnancies and is still on it today. All three children turned out healthy and well.

Have you discussed with the doctor who prescribed it that you're ttc? They should have better insight as to if it'll affect your ovulation. Sorry I don't have any better advice. Best of luck and I hope that the medication helps your anxiety:hugs:

Yes I did tell my doctor that I was TTC and he said that it wouldn't hurt anything but to check in with my OBGYN also..

So when I go see him in a few weeks I'll see what he thinks but I think the lexepro would help but it just scares me.. I don't like to be put on medicine..

I've been on lexapro for a long time and stayed on it during my pregnancy. I have a healthy and happy three year old. I don't love that I need to take the medicine but my depression is definitely a biochemical problem and I'm not fully functional without it.
Hmmm, for your cycle I can't imagine that it would change your ovulation but I don't know anybody that started the medication while charting cycles. If there is any change in temp I pretty sure it would be temporary and your temp would settle back in to a regular pattern.
I'm afraid you might be the pioneer on this one and you will have to tell us what happens.
Good luck!

I know it's not fun being on medication, I was on Lexapro for depression and anxiety in high school and if it helps that's what is important. I don't see how it would really change your O timing, but it's possible and if it does, that's alright:hugs: Take care of yourself while ttc too!

Let us know how your obgyn appointment goes:thumbup:

I am on Lexapro, and my doctor said it is fine, but that once I am pregnant that he will change me over to Zoloft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->