Antihistamine protocol?

Hopethisyear

Reaction score
Has anyone done the antihistamine protocol either with or without IVF? I've heard some clinics do it, but I've also heard it's outdated. If you did it what was your protocol?

I tried one cycle of Claritin and Pepcid (but not Prednisone) when I was between IVF cycles and got my first ever natural BFP. However, it ended in a chemical very quickly. I don't know if that was due to something wrong with the embryo or if it was something else.

The two healthy pregnancies I've conceived were both on Prednisone (though one was ectopic). I definitely do believe immune/allergy issues can play a role in infertility. This time around I did a combo of low dose Prednisone, aspirin, and Fraxiparine (one of the European versions of Lovenox). Using the injectible anticoagulants is a smart idea from what I've read. A lot of the time, if there is an immune/allergic response, it causes damage and blood can clot in the establishing placenta. If the blood doesn't coagulate as easily, it gives the body more time to heal the damage without killing off the embryo.

I don't know if I at all answered your question, but I hope I helped a little. :hugs:

Thanks Buny! I'm glad to hear it worked for you, I have allergy issues so my Dr is allowing me to try the antihistamine protocol, may I ask what your dosage of prednisone and when you took it.

With this most recent FET I took 5mg a day starting CD 1, upped the dosage to 10mg a day from two days before until two days after transfer, then back down to 5mg a day until 13 weeks, 2.5mg a day until 14 weeks, and then 2.5mg every other day until 15 weeks. Will they let you do aspirin and/or Lovenox as well? (I took both.) I think the Prednisone plus the anticoagulant and blood thinner makes for a a really good combo for immune/allergy reactions.

No problem. I hope all goes well. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->