Antisocial?

JumpingIn

Mummy+TTC#2
Reaction score
I'm one of the most outgoing and open people you could meet. Usually.

For the past week or so people have seemed utterly repulsive to me. People sniffing and coughing on trains. Any stranger talking to me is met with a frosty shrug or shudder. I find myself at checkouts wanting to hurry my packing and dash off, just praying the cashier wont want to make small talk.

People smell more, people annoy me more, people are so big and bulky and invade my space and even their bloody breathing seems louder and ticks me off.

This is really, really unlike me. I'm normally gregarious, I start conversation, I don't mind too much about being a sardine on the tube. Now, the thought of that sends me into a panic. Please tell me someone out there has had a similar personality change...I'm assuming this is purely pregnancy-related, especially the sensory issues.

Feeling so out of sorts about it! :nope:

Dont let it get to you so much, we all have times where we couldnt be bothered with other people, esp when pregnant, and it goes from smells and germs to people touching your belly! but it gets better, energy levels atm are used up on creating a little human, so being out of sorts is normal!

I am avoiding people atm because everything said or done makes me cry, and im glad i got the BFP because i was starting to think i was morphing into a drama queen, my OH said no to phoning a chinese, i cried for 20 minutes solid.. while he laughed at me thinking i was messing about lol

treat yourself and relax, soon enough you will be out there talking to people again!

I'd say...
You're pregnant!

Hahaha! I was exactly like this when I was pregnant with my daughter. I worked as an hr manager and I started my leave early because I was sick of people, their issues, the company's ridiculous requirements, the fact I had to hand over to my cover who had the worst breath in the world...

I was ready to just go home, lock the rest if the world out, wrap up in a duvet and read my baby books before I got my bfp!

The funny thing is that as soon as she was born, I felt normal again! I remember saying to my hubby the following day, "I'm sorry if I was a b*tch while I was pregnant - I feel liked again now. And my heart burn has disappeared too"

Your normal side will reappear. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->