Anxiety about TTC #2

EMandPATRICK

Reaction score
Good afternoon!
My name is Emily, and I'm 28. My DH and I have discussed TTC#2, and we are starting this month. Our daughter just turned 1 on New Year's Eve. I have some anxiety about trying for another baby, which I'm sure is to be expected. We had 3 early miscarriages during the process of getting pregnant for our DD. It wasn't until the month we decided to take a break from all the "timed sex", that we were blessed with Charlotte.
Pregnancy was rough to say the least. But here we are...wanting more.

I just took a IC ovulation test, and it was blaring positive. This being our first month of TTC #2, I guess I was wondering if anyone can tell me how long it took them for their second pregnancy. Any advice to keep me level headed- and not panicking about the thought of miscarriage?

We are tying for baby number two, I am so frightened of a negative test or for something to go wrong, I think we are much more aware now it's nit our first time, let's keep positive :) wish you all the best Hun x

I was a bit of a nervous nelly with baby no. 1, but you are right..I think it's more so now. Good luck to both of you!

Hi Emily,

My story is very similar - I am also 28, starting my first cycle TTC #2 and my DD turned one just before Christmas. Like you, I also suffered loss before getting my beautiful rainbow. I totally sympathise with how you feel - those old feelings and worries are resurfacing. I always thought it would feel easier this time around but I'm not sure pregnancy will ever have the same innocence it did that very first time we conceived. What helps me is to remind myself that my body had produced another human being - conceived, carried and birthed. My body CAN do it and I believe it will again. I have also heard that we are particularly fertile in the year directly after having a baby so that gives me hope that it won't take too long this time. Sending lots of good wishes and baby dust your way xxxx

Hi Emily,

My story is very similar - I am also 28, starting my first cycle TTC #2 and my DD turned one just before Christmas. Like you, I also suffered loss before getting my beautiful rainbow. I totally sympathise with how you feel - those old feelings and worries are resurfacing. I always thought it would feel easier this time around but I'm not sure pregnancy will ever have the same innocence it did that very first time we conceived. What helps me is to remind myself that my body had produced another human being - conceived, carried and birthed. My body CAN do it and I believe it will again. I have also heard that we are particularly fertile in the year directly after having a baby so that gives me hope that it won't take too long this time. Sending lots of good wishes and baby dust your way xxxx

You weren't kidding, we are in a very similar situation! :hugs: And I think you hit the nail on the head, the innocence has been lost. That positive pregnancy test should start the happiest journey, but for the first 12 weeks I was living in constant fear.

I wish you luck and hope you stay in touch. Are you actively TTC?

Oh, and happy belated birthday to you LO :flower: I was due on Christmas Day with ours, made things easy for staying huddled inside all winter.

hello, I am 27 and TTC#2. My son is 6 years old. Me and DH decided to try almost 2 years ago, we were hesitant because DS has severe autism, but in the end we knew it was something we both wanted more than anything. I still haven't gotten my bfp yet. But I am keeping positive. So sorry about your loss, and sending lots of sticky baby dust your way! Hope you catch that egg!

hello, I am 27 and TTC#2. My son is 6 years old. Me and DH decided to try almost 2 years ago, we were hesitant because DS has severe autism, but in the end we knew it was something we both wanted more than anything. I still haven't gotten my bfp yet. But I am keeping positive. So sorry about your loss, and sending lots of sticky baby dust your way! Hope you catch that egg!

Good luck to you too!! Have you been trying for 2yrs straight, or on and off?

Hi ladies!

I feel like my story is close to yours too! We had 3 miscarriages prior to our beautiful baby boy, who will be one on Valentine's day.

We just decided to TTC #2 and I am so scared of getting pregnant again. You really do lose so much innocence after that many miscarriages and sadly getting a positive pregnancy test doesn't mean you'll make it to full term.

But, like you girls have said, our bodies can grow our babies and birth them too so it can happen again :)

I'm praying for us to catch our eggs quickly, praying they stick, and that we have good pregnancies and healthy deliveries of beautiful babies!!

Hi there, me and my DH are ttc#2 as well. Out son will be 2 in May. I suffered a twin loss before I had him and I also suffered a singleton loss this past September. I would have been due on April 25th so they would have been almost 2 years apart exactly... We are officially ttc again and I am so freaked and on edge. Every single time we conceived it was when we were never really thinking about ttc and it just happened so naturally. Pray 2014 brings us a sticky bfp!

well I got my Mirena taken out 2 years ago, and this whole time we haven't been using protection or anything. I didn't start tracking Ovulation until about 6 months ago, so i suppose I would have been actively TTC for 6 months. We still tried to get pregnant though, I just wasn't tracking. I'm hoping now that I'm tracking and doing other things it will finally happen for us again.

Hi ladies!

I feel like my story is close to yours too! We had 3 miscarriages prior to our beautiful baby boy, who will be one on Valentine's day.

We just decided to TTC #2 and I am so scared of getting pregnant again. You really do lose so much innocence after that many miscarriages and sadly getting a positive pregnancy test doesn't mean you'll make it to full term.

But, like you girls have said, our bodies can grow our babies and birth them too so it can happen again :)

I'm praying for us to catch our eggs quickly, praying they stick, and that we have good pregnancies and healthy deliveries of beautiful babies!!

I have to say, it is very comforting knowing that I am not alone with fear of becoming pregnant. Hopefully we can all help each other by reminding us of that. I'm very sorry to read about your losses. The memory never fades.

I try to think about how they happened before my Charlotte came along because she was the one that was supposed to be here. If it weren't for those losses, during those cycles..she wouldn't be here. We wouldn't have been still trying for our little miracle. I couldn't imagine life without her.
Good luck with TTC.

Any test pictures, OPK or HCG, I would love to have posted in this thread. I have a little over a week until testing for pregnancy...but I hope you girls will try to keep me level headed haha...I'm a bit of a POAS addict!!! With the cheap internet ones, I figure why not lol

Hi there, me and my DH are ttc#2 as well. Out son will be 2 in May. I suffered a twin loss before I had him and I also suffered a singleton loss this past September. I would have been due on April 25th so they would have been almost 2 years apart exactly... We are officially ttc again and I am so freaked and on edge. Every single time we conceived it was when we were never really thinking about ttc and it just happened so naturally. Pray 2014 brings us a sticky bfp!

I am so sorry about your losses! I posted a comment to another women a couple minutes ago on this thread...it applies to you too.

If you ever need to talk or vent, I'm here. I will listen, and give any advice if I can. Losses aren't easy...but as was stated by another women earlier, we have carried, nurtured and birthed a baby. We can do it again!

well I got my Mirena taken out 2 years ago, and this whole time we haven't been using protection or anything. I didn't start tracking Ovulation until about 6 months ago, so i suppose I would have been actively TTC for 6 months. We still tried to get pregnant though, I just wasn't tracking. I'm hoping now that I'm tracking and doing other things it will finally happen for us again.

Is it just me, or does it make you giggle thinking about how many years we have spent trying NOT to get pregnant...only to find out, A LOT has to fall into place for it to happen? It is more complex than just sex.
There was a video on YouTube last year that I was obsessed with before I got the BFP that stuck. I can't remember the name, but it was something about "the great sperm race"...might not be sperm, but something like that. Awesome video!!!!! If you haven't seen it, I totally recommend it, really informative.

Is it just me, or does it make you giggle thinking about how many years we have spent trying NOT to get pregnant...only to find out, A LOT has to fall into place for it to happen? It is more complex than just sex.
There was a video on YouTube last year that I was obsessed with before I got the BFP that stuck. I can't remember the name, but it was something about "the great sperm race"...might not be sperm, but something like that. Awesome video!!!!! If you haven't seen it, I totally recommend it, really informative.

oh thank you, I will have to check it out! Today is my hibernation day, :laugh2: we just got 18 inches of snow last night and it's -30 below outside as well, I will have to do some research and watch some youtube video's.

Hi Emily,

You weren't kidding, we are in a very similar situation! :hugs: And I think you hit the nail on the head, the innocence has been lost. That positive pregnancy test should start the happiest journey, but for the first 12 weeks I was living in constant fear.

I wish you luck and hope you stay in touch. Are you actively TTC?

Oh, and happy belated birthday to you LO :flower: I was due on Christmas Day with ours, made things easy for staying huddled inside all winter.

I would love to stay in touch. I struggle to find others in my situation, many ladies TTC their 2nd are full of so much excitement and I can't help but face it all with a kind of nervous hope. I know exactly what you mean about those first 12 weeks - absolutely terrifying. I had spotting early on in my pregnancy which gave me a lot of worry however it turned out absolutely fine. I think in some respects it will be easier this time around as we have the benefit of experience both ways.

I am actively TTC but DH has just had an operation to repair a hernia so I'm not sure if we will get to BD at the right time this month. We have stopped all protection but actually BD at regular times will depend on his recovery.

:flower: Happy Birthday to your LO too!

Also just wanted to send hugs :hugs: to all of the other ladies on this thread. I really hope you all get your BFPs soon and have very healthy and happy pregnancies xxx

oh thank you, I will have to check it out! Today is my hibernation day, :laugh2: we just got 18 inches of snow last night and it's -30 below outside as well, I will have to do some research and watch some youtube video's.

Oh yes! The great sperm race! I watched them on YouTube a couple of years ago when TTC#1. Very informative and would definently pass the time during your hibernation day!

This is my second cycle ttc no 2 and ive posted the same question in the toddler foru. with loads of replues if you want to take a look. Babydust :)

I got pregnant with DD2 right after getting AF back when my oldest was 3 months old. I was also nervous about having another miscarriage, but all went well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->