*--Anxiety/Depression Support Thread--*

twickywabbit

Scout+Indie's mommy
Reaction score
I think there should be one of these threads on here. I have suffered from depression and severe anxiety for years now( I suffered silently), and am just now seeing a therapist for it.

Sometimes I feel like it cripples me. No one should have to go through it alone.

If you ladies(or men) have any stories to share, need to vent, or just need to talk...I'm here. :flower:
We should all stick together, as I said, no one should have to go through it alone.

I have also had it since the age of 15.It would be good to speak to others who understand. x

Me too. I've had it since i was 7 (I'm 20 now). It's a long painful road :(

I've had it since I was 13. Panic attacks, dark thoughts, the whole nine yards. It is a rough road for anyone. I'm sorry you guys are in the same boat. At least we aren't alone. :flower:

Hello. I am 24. I have been suffering from depression and anxiety since I was about 15. I was diagnosed with it at 19 and since then I have been gradually getting better, or so I thought. about a week ago, I had a breakdown, not as bad as my breakdown of 2006, I spent about 2 months in bed, I felt so down that I couldn't face getting out of bed, I couldn't face people.

I was on medication, but I stopped taking that in 2008 and I am really worried I am going to need medication again! I haven't told DH about my breakdown yet, I just can't find the time and words to tell him, as I feel a bit embarrassed that I've slipped back into my old ways before he knew me, I know it's silly and I need to tell him, but I don't think I can!

Anyway, hello, and how is everyone else today?

:wave:

I've always had tendancies to get depressed etc but when i was 15 it was quite bad, I got over it myself and was fine untill i fell pregnant. Then within a short space of time i fell pregnant, Realised i'd be doing it alone, had to leave my job, got done out of maternity pay, relocated from London to scotland, alone, by overnight bus! (while preg). Got SPD & The itching thing & had too much fluid, Had a horrific labour of 4 days ending in emergency c-section, followed by an infection for 3months. Then moved out to live on my own when LO was 4 months and have since then had things go rapidly downhill.

Now on Citalopram and on a waiting list for a counsuellor as she said i have Severe depression and PTSD.

I just want to be happy again??

theres a massive thread in the groups theres lots of us there to chat to xx

I didn't know if there was a thread like this or not...but if there is, I apologize.

oh hun theres no need to apoligise i just thoigh id mention that there is as not many people reply in this section but theres quite alot of girls to chat to there

ill link so you can join in if you want xxx

https://www.babyandbump.com/general/494790-anixety-panic-attacks-depression-surpport-group.html

heres the link xx

Awww thanks. :) I just didn't see a thread like it in health & wellbeing so...yeah. :) Thanks so much for sharing the link with us!

I've never really done this but here goes....
I'm Vicki, I'm 28 (29 in one month) and I have suffered with depression since I was 15. I have a long term mental illness - that was caused by issues from my childhood, it's completely under control now and I'm off my medication for that. I came off my antidepressants about 6 weeks ago, but I have had to go back on them. My doctor changed them to something that will work when I get pregnant and for breastfeeding. I only started them on Wednesday, I'm still feeling pretty low but thankfully I haven't had to many side effects (the list is huge).

Hi girls :hugs:
Im 24 with three los under age of four. i have had pndvfor the last year and a half since having my 2nd.I've since had #3 14wks ago and it has peaked.....i had a questionnaiee dun today and I scored 21 which is high seein as12 or below is normal.......im scared of qhat wi ll happen as obv my tablets arent working at all......:(

I myself suffer from depression and anxiety. I always worry about everything. I am even a bit of a hypchondriac. I always think I have some sort of illness. I m on 40mg of Celexa (Citalopram) a day and it doesn't seem to be working. I have been trying to get in contact with my doctor about switching to something else. I wish i had a therapist I could talk to, but i don't have to money to pay for one and my insurance won't cover it. It would cost me $150 an hour once a week if I were to go talk to someone. I'm just living day by day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"