anxiety on 1st scan tomorrow

staycb01

Reaction score
I have my first ever scan tomorrow morning and I'm so scared and nervous. I don't have much of a reason to be scared but I'm just afraid they are going to tell me that there's no baby there or something wrong. I'm sure a lot of ladies feel this anxiety on their first scans. Any advice you can share with me? I need to calm these nerves!

I felt the same way before my 1st scan too this time around. I did have a mmc in jan which added to my anxiety. Honestly, I was so nervous that and voiced my fears to the tech. She was really good and told me right away that there was a hb. I'm not much help, I'm afraid, lol. My nervousness didn't really go away until I saw the hb. I would say to try and distract yourself. Take a warm bath, watch a movie, etc. GL, keep us posted!

I felt nervous for my first scan at 7 weeks and then was nervous for my 12 weeks. Everything came out fine. I know a lot of the nervousness comes from just being worried and also the feeling of it not being real. I try to not think so much about it and then before you know it you'll be coming out of the office on :cloud9:

Hi! I felt this way, too! It was so emotional to have my anxiety dismissed by seeing a little jelly bean of a baby. I'm sure you will be fine! How exciting. xoxo

Thank you so much ladies :) It feels good to know I'm not the only one that feels like that :)

A little anxiety to absolutely normal, even more so with it being your 1st scan as you have no idea what to expect. Try and relax, drink plenty of water..I've been advised 2 large glasses an hour prior to the scan. Good luck xoxo

Well just got back from my scan and baby looks perfect! Saw heartbeat 136 bpm and baby is measuring about a day behind but my dr. said they like it to be with 5 days so we are all good! I am so so so happy! :)
We have pictures too but I cant figure out how to upload them to this site LOL

Congrats! I am also really nervous/excited for my first scan in a week. I feel like some of my symptoms have been fading, but I know that each day can be a little different. Glad things worked out for you!

congratulations!
if you just take a picture of them with your phone or camera or something
then either upload them to your computer or email them to yourself and download them to your computer and you click go advanced instead of post quick reply then below click manage attachments and a new window should pop up and then click choose file and select the ultrasound photo then scroll all the way over to the right and click upload then the window should close and the image should appear just fine in your post once you hit submit reply and just repeat if you want add more than one (you can add more than one to the same post)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->