Anxiety, panic attacks, passing out??

samlee08

Reaction score
Hi ladies, if any of you are experiencing the same as what I've been having it'll be great to hear your views/experiences!?!

About 3 weeks ago I was in work been there half hour just stood at the till (retail) the shop had only been open half hour 3 members of staff. Me on till manager on shop floor and a shoe guy on shoes. I had breakfast about half hour before I started work! All of a sudden I went really light headed, freezing cold (even though it was about 2 degrees outside) then my eye sight went all black couldn't see anything, by then had managed to call my manager and walk out back to the staff room, my hearing started to go (as if I was under water) then I couldn't breathe, my throat struggled to let air in and out, my heart racing so much I was shaking. Calmed myself down 5 mins later was fine. Out on the shop floor serving customers!

The same happens today in work within an hour of being there behind the till, but TWICE! The first one today I calmed myself down in time before I went too lightheaded, then 15 mins later the next whilst serving a customer all of a sudden lightheaded, eyesight going all black, not being able to breathe. This time it took longer to regain breathing properly and stop the feeling.

It's not just down to the pregnancy... I have had this happen to me on many occasions, primary school, secondary school, whilst out shopping, having my hair cut, now work! It's been about a year and half since I last had one of these ???? (Don't really know what to call it)

Not really sure with the trouble breathing when it happens if baby is ok and it's not doing any harm!?!

X

I had simular had been at work about 15 mins! Just generally didnt feel right, went all hot and noticed my hearing going the same as u described but then totally blacked out and fainted! Was taken to hospital baby was absolutely fine! And so was I turned out my iron levels were low and am slightly on the anaemic side! So take extra iron now! Maybe ask for ur bloods checked! Xx

I had simular had been at work about 15 mins! Just generally didnt feel right, went all hot and noticed my hearing going the same as u described but then totally blacked out and fainted! Was taken to hospital baby was absolutely fine! And so was I turned out my iron levels were low and am slightly on the anaemic side! So take extra iron now! Maybe ask for ur bloods checked! Xx

Thanks, it's good to know I'm not on my own experiencing this! (Doesn't make my body as weird as what I thought!) in the past I have had blood tests and with my first pregnancy, everything always came back fine! But when I had blood pressure checked during my first pregnancy a lot of midwives and my other friend who was pregnant at the time with high blood pressure asked why I wasn't dead!! But will try to get more iron intake, see if it makes a difference!
x

I had something somwhat similar.
I have experienced panic attacks and anxiety before but in about november I was arguing with oh over something so pointless and all of a sudden I just couldn't breathe.
I started having what i thought was a panic attack but this time it was just..something more i guess.
I ran.to my mom and almost fell i was so dizzy and telling her i needed to go to the hospital.
She was telling ne justbto calm down and breathe into a paper bag but I told her that i needed to go. She seemed so annoyed as it was past midnight but she took me.
Once we got there a doctor suggested a ct scan of my chest and of course i was extremely hesitant because my baby is ib my tummy!
But he told me what he thought it could be, and if it was what he thought, being left untreated could cost my life.
I agreed, signed the papers, got it, and waited.
He walked into the room a bit later and sai "I'm sorry but its exactly what we expected."
I had 2 blood clots in each of my lungs!
I was so thankful that i knew my body well enough to not just shrug it off as another anxiety attack.
Sorry for my little horror story, but it really happened to me!
You don't sound like this is the issue, but i just thought I'd share!!

I had something somwhat similar.
I have experienced panic attacks and anxiety before but in about november I was arguing with oh over something so pointless and all of a sudden I just couldn't breathe.
I started having what i thought was a panic attack but this time it was just..something more i guess.
I ran.to my mom and almost fell i was so dizzy and telling her i needed to go to the hospital.
She was telling ne justbto calm down and breathe into a paper bag but I told her that i needed to go. She seemed so annoyed as it was past midnight but she took me.
Once we got there a doctor suggested a ct scan of my chest and of course i was extremely hesitant because my baby is ib my tummy!
But he told me what he thought it could be, and if it was what he thought, being left untreated could cost my life.
I agreed, signed the papers, got it, and waited.
He walked into the room a bit later and sai "I'm sorry but its exactly what we expected."
I had 2 blood clots in each of my lungs!
I was so thankful that i knew my body well enough to not just shrug it off as another anxiety attack.
Sorry for my little horror story, but it really happened to me!
You don't sound like this is the issue, but i just thought I'd share!!

WOW :O it just shows you never know what's going on inside of your body!
Hope everything's ok now!

x

Maybe it could be your blood pressure. I also suffer from anxiety but I don't loose my sight. It definitely sounds like blood pressure that's how I would get if say i cut myself or was having bloods taken u should get it checked as pregnancy can cause havoc with the increased blood you have

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->