Anxiety/panic attacks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by flashy09, Apr 3, 2011.

1. flashy09

flashy09 Well-Known Member

I have been really worried about having a blighted ovum or being about to miscarry after losing my main symptom yesterday morning at 5 weeks (sore boobs). About 20 minutes after I went to bed I woke up and had the sensation I was dying and couldn't breathe. My throat felt tight and and I felt dizzy and weird and my heart was pounding and I thought something terrible was about to happen to me. Must have been a panic attack as I am still alive, lol. The whole night I dreamt about miscarrying and seeing blood everywhere.

Are panic attacks more common in pregnancy or was this unrelated to hormones and just from the stress of all my worrying?

2. Milliemoo x

Milliemoo x Well-Known Member

I really don't know if they're more common Hun, but I keep having really vivid dreams about miscarrying....I think it's just coming thro in my dreams cos I worry about it in the day. I think it's quite common. Hope ur ok x

3. AngelBunny

AngelBunny George's Mummy

aww :hugs: how horrible for you. im guessing they are more common in pregnancy, since we worry so much more than normal & hormones are all over the place. i actually had a panic attack the day before i found out i was pregnant. ive also had on a couple of occasions the tightness in my chest, i think its just the general pregnancy anxieties that hit you from time to time. hope you're ok xx

4. babyhopes2010

babyhopes2010 one boy one girl.perfect!

:hugs: iv had few panic attacks,dr said to lay down and relax for 10mins xx

5. sazibubba

sazibubba pregnant with 2nd bubba

hun its totally normal, its your fears and protective instinct kicking in, i was a nervous wreck right up until my 12 week scan and had so many nightmares about misc and blited ovum. After that scan you feel on top of the world and my nightmares have gone :) good luck and you will be fine :)

6. sazibubba

sazibubba pregnant with 2nd bubba

Anxiety is very common and i suffered from it before i was pregnant, after my scan i dont feel anxiety :)

7. sophie22

sophie22 Well-Known Member