Anxiety/panic attacks

flashy09

Reaction score
I have been really worried about having a blighted ovum or being about to miscarry after losing my main symptom yesterday morning at 5 weeks (sore boobs). About 20 minutes after I went to bed I woke up and had the sensation I was dying and couldn't breathe. My throat felt tight and and I felt dizzy and weird and my heart was pounding and I thought something terrible was about to happen to me. Must have been a panic attack as I am still alive, lol. The whole night I dreamt about miscarrying and seeing blood everywhere.

Are panic attacks more common in pregnancy or was this unrelated to hormones and just from the stress of all my worrying?

I really don't know if they're more common Hun, but I keep having really vivid dreams about miscarrying....I think it's just coming thro in my dreams cos I worry about it in the day. I think it's quite common. Hope ur ok x

aww :hugs: how horrible for you. im guessing they are more common in pregnancy, since we worry so much more than normal & hormones are all over the place. i actually had a panic attack the day before i found out i was pregnant. ive also had on a couple of occasions the tightness in my chest, i think its just the general pregnancy anxieties that hit you from time to time. hope you're ok xx

:hugs: iv had few panic attacks,dr said to lay down and relax for 10mins xx

hun its totally normal, its your fears and protective instinct kicking in, i was a nervous wreck right up until my 12 week scan and had so many nightmares about misc and blited ovum. After that scan you feel on top of the world and my nightmares have gone :) good luck and you will be fine :)

Anxiety is very common and i suffered from it before i was pregnant, after my scan i dont feel anxiety :)

hey, this thread i made in second tri and the people that have replied may be of some use to you xxx
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/577018-panic-attacks.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->