Anxiety Relief During Pregnancy?

MrsStutler

Mom of 3!
Reaction score
I have a mood disorder and a touch of an anxiety disorder, they kind of go hand in hand with each other, and of course since finding out I am pregnant I am no longer on any medications. Thankfully without them I am OK, not perfect but I have a great support system in my family that helps keep the crazy at a liveable level.

That being said, I still have anxiety attacks in some higher stress situations. I would say 98% of the time I am fine but I am going to be taking my state nursing license exam (NCLEX) next month and I can already feel the anxiety building. During my last semester of nursing school I had been taking anywhere from 0.5 to 2mg of Xanax on testing days. Of course I can't have that now...so

Any really great anxiety relieving methods you know of that are preggy approved?

I've got anxiety also. Also had Xanax for emergencies but of course that's a no-go now!

Right now when the situation permits it I try to walk. If it'd help I have a list of grounding techniques my therapist gave me a while back. I can type it up here if you like! For me distractions help a lot when the anxiety is at a lower-level and prevents it from blowing out of control.

I have anxiety too and pregnancy has definitely caused it to increase. Recently I have been trying to help it by taking relaxing baths, and I did go for a walk/chat with a good friend and that really helped because my anxiety causes me to become quite anti-social. Both help. Definitely following this post because I am curious what others do to cope as well.

ive had depression and anxiety for years but i never went to the hospital for it because i didnt want to be put on medication and end up the way my grandma is for her mentality disorders. in highschool i was taken out in the middle of the day by a rehabilitation center and i ended up staying in a facility for my troubles for 8 hours, doing mental tests and all sorts of things. right before i got pregnant an OB tried to put me on zoloft or something like that, and i never got the prescription filled. i prayed to God instead of taking the medication and that week i became anxiety free. ofcourse, certain situations make me feel depressed and anxious all over again but its definitely manageable now. im just glad i dont need medicine to feel better when i used to think that was the only way.

I absolutely love turning the lights off, laying down, and putting on a guided meditation app when I'm having a really bad panic attack. My favorite is in the google play store and it is called stop anxiety now.
If I am in public, however, I remove myself from the situation and take a step outside and occupy my mind with a game on my phone or something.

All of the new twinges and odd feelings of pregnancy definitely have my anxiety levels up, but try to remember the stress is not great for the baby. I try to calm myself just knowing it WILL pass and I am okay! :hugs:

I like to work out when my anxiety gets really bad. Nothing too crazy, but going for a walk outside or swimming some laps at the indoor pool. I also have quiet time. I downloaded this app on my iPad called Rain, Rain. It has a bunch of soothing sounds, like different rains, thunderstorms, wind, ocean waves, etc. it is so calming to me and helps me to relax when I'm having a bad day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->