Anxiety

Khadijah-x

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Hope your well :)

So me and OH are TTC in December (28th) :happydance:, I've been suffering from anxiety and panic for the last 2-3 years with anxiety related to my heart. I hear stories about women becoming mighty panicky and suffer from anxiety etc when they get pregnant and I really cannot cope with added anxiety on top of what I already suffer.

Do you think pregnancy could actually help my anxiety?

For me my anxiety improved in pregnancy, I think my anxiety is largely down to my hormones and cycles as now I am no longer breastfeeding I can feel it coming back a bit, but in pregnancy and EBF my anxiety and IBS almost entirely disappears it's really weird. I don't have bad anxiety anymore though, I found out most of my anxiety stemmed from the pill!!!

^^ that is comforting to hear! I suffer from anxiety too, I am currently on a low dose of anti-anxiety meds. My doctor told me that it is common for pregnancy to be good for some anxiety/ depressive disorders. Pregnancy and breastfeeding certainly had a positive effect on my mum's moods (I am one of 6). I am really hoping pregnancy will help my anxiety.

For the OP I think you should let your doctor/ midwife know about this when it comes time and they will be able to help you. Depression/ anxiety during and post pregnancy is very common and if it becomes an issue they can help you :) you're not alone!

I had it really bad before i was pregnant but it started to go slowly :) i still have it abit but i can get out of the house on my own now x

I also suffer from anxiety, but over the past couple of years I've learned to manage it. I've always heard pregnancy can help because of the hormones you're releasing, but I would definitely let your OB know. I would also be careful when you are postpartum. The swing in hormones and not having baby inside anymore may be overwhelming.

The replies are amazing! Sounds like pregnancy really does help lessen anxiety!

I hope it does for me too! :)

3 weeks to go....

I suffer from depression and anxiety and during my first pregnancy my moods and anxiety improved drastically. During my second and third pregnancies I had to be put back on meds for depression.

I have often heard that depression and anxiety can be improved by pregnancy and breastfeeding, so there's definitely a chance that will happen for you too. :)

Oddly enough, my first pregnancy was a boy and my second and third (the ones where I was put back on anti-depressants) were both girls. Not sure if that's connected at all, but it is a weird coincidence. Also, my depression did get worse with breastfeeding, but that was also only with the girls. :shrug:

Thank you for the replies :)

I will definitely be keeping an eye on my moods post partum and seeking help if need be. Whenever I am concerned with TTC like forums apps etc it really helps my mood, like having something happy to look forward to i suppose. So I do think pregnancy will help me, if not from hormones then distraction :)

22 days to go :D

I suffer badly with anixety related to my heart it's so hard.
Hope everything goes well for you

I have mild anxiety and depression and I'm on a low dose of meds for it. I'm a little worried about weaning myself off and being able to cope with school stressors without the meds, but hopefully I can use other coping skills and being pregnant helps like it has helped others.

Best of luck to you!

I suffer badly with anixety related to my heart it's so hard.
Hope everything goes well for you

It's hell on earth isn't it! I hope ours eases when we conceive :)

Good luck to you too :)

I have mild anxiety and depression and I'm on a low dose of meds for it. I'm a little worried about weaning myself off and being able to cope with school stressors without the meds, but hopefully I can use other coping skills and being pregnant helps like it has helped others.

Best of luck to you!

I'm a firm believer that when the time is right for you to come off them then you'll do just fine :) im not on any medication and have severe health anxiety ocd and paranoia and I'm really hoping now when (if) I conceive it will really help my anxiety and I'm sure it will help yours too :) you will certainly find other methods and alot of mums have reported being too busy to be anxious :D

good luck hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->