Anxiety

Js32313

Reaction score
This is my first pregnancy. I am always nervous. It hasn't been super easy so far. I found out I was pregnant about 3 weeks ago. Within a few days I had a horrible stomach flu. That scared me as I was afraid it was going to be bad for the baby. Finally started to feel better. Then started alittle brown spotting after bowel movements. That freaked me out and called the on call doc as it was the weekend. She said it was old blood and to relax. Easier said then done. Had some more spotting so called doc last Monday. They had me get blood work. Said everything looked great. Hcg was over 12,000. Don't know exact number. Scheduled ultra sound to check things out. Had to wait until Friday. Was ok for a few days but still spotting here and there so then started to get scared. Had ultra sound friday. We saw the baby and heard the heartbeat. I was so happy and calm for the rest of the day. Doc said not to worry about spotting. Hopefully will resolve. It is very light. But then Saturday I just started getting so anxious agian. Still alittle spotting. Now it's more of a light tan/yellowish color and mostly after bowel movements. I'm just so nervous. How do other people deal with this being nervous all the time. I read into every little thing. My back hurts which scares me but I have a pinched sciatic nerve and haven't worked out in 3 weeks so I'm sure that's why it's hurting but it scares me. I do have anxiety problems and went off my meds to be safe for baby but I don't think I'm doing to well without them.

I also have severe anxiety- OCD actually. It's really hard for me to not find several medical sources to explain every ache and pain- I give into the obsession sometimes. However, I have been journaling a lot *and praying as I'm a woman of faith* and trying to rationalize things.

I too have had a little bit of light spotting and also had a healthy ultrasound with a good HB. My Ob said after seeing a healthy HB the chances of things going wrong are less than 5%. Also- odds are in our favour that things will go right. ALSO bear in mind, a lot of women who have had things go wrong turn to the internet to tell their story and find comfort- so the internet makes the 15-30% chance of MC seem like it's a lot higher. It's disproportionate to life.

It's hard to relax, I know- but I would seriously try journaling and reminding yourself of real, rational thoughts. If your Dr. Says not to worry- don't. They have seen dozens of pregnancies and probably know when there are reasons for concern. Spotting that is as light coloured as yours is normal in pregnancy.

Good luck, and CONGRATS!

I, too, have been struggling with a lot of anxiety. It was my brown spotting/clots that set it off. Even though we've had an ultrasound to confirm that everything is okay and the spotting has stopped, I still struggle badly with the anxiety.

I addressed my anxiety concerns with my midwife because the days it was really bad, I could barely function (pretty much lay in bed and cry or google everything that just ends up making it worse). My midwife prescribed buspar for when I needed it. I try to take it very sparingly, but the times I have had to take it, it has helped tremendously.

I've been lucky enough to find the baby on the doppler at 8+6, so that has really helped my anxiety, but I also know there will be times that I won't be able to find baby. Doppler is usually my first option as I think I'd rather try that first before taking medication. I try to find alternate outlets before I take any. I pretty much have to be at the non-functional point to take it.

Is there anything that you think might help reduce the anxiety? I don't know if you do meditation or anything?

If it gets too bad, I'd probably talk to you doctor about it. Maybe they can offer some good suggestions on things you could do/try to help alleviate some of the anxiety.

I do think first trimester anxiety is normal, but I think once it starts affecting your day to day stuff, then it's a bigger issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->