Any 30+ 1st baby with home insemination???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by momwannabe81, May 31, 2011.

1. momwannabe81

momwannabe81 Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if any of you around 30 got a BFP doing home insemination and what did you do to get it. I'm trying for #1 and I'm 30 on cycle 3. I have tried in the past with no success (first marriage tried for 2 years ntnp and the smep but it didn't happen and 2nd time with current husband but 7 years ago found out that has no sperm count, cause unknown). So apparently i always picked the wrong men LOL hopefully. Anyway we are using a sperm donor with 3 kids and 1 on the way so his swimmers are great and he's a dear friend so we can count on him, but i was wondering how long did it take and what did u do that made it work. I'm on cd 2 and taking EPO with robitussin. He deposits in the cup add pre seed and i then insert it. then the usual...... But he's suggested to do direct insemination (no intercourse, he thinks it would give a better chance so the swimmers don't get exposed to air), do you think it would give me a better chance or it would be the same. I'm just ready!!!!!!!!, I've had a regular cycle since forever and had a positive opk last month so i know i ovulate. I'va had cyst on ovaries but that was when trying with husband #1 over 10 years ago (big mistake,long story) but they went away. Haven't had any cramps as bad as then so I pretty sure that i'm good and my gyno visits are usually good. Sorry telling you my life story, I'm just trying to get it right i guess. Any hope would really help.