Any 38 week ladies want to buddy up for the last 2 weeks?

filipenko32

2xDD & Expecting No.3
Reaction score
I'm 38 weeks on Saturday with my first baby. Is there anyone who wants to labour symptom spot until d day?! Here are my symptoms so far:

Nausea
Mild period cramps on and off
Very regular bowel movements :blush:
First tri bladder pressure back - need to pee all the time!!
Some vomiting no matter what I eat
Feeling out of it and emotional

Sounds wonderful doesn't it!!?

Anyway i thought this might be a bit of support for us during this scary but exciting time! :flower:

Ill join you in the "other TWW"! Baby due on the 9th Jan. Currently feeling very heavy! Symptoms so far are:

Periods of regular contractions with low back ache and period type pains - contractions every 6 minutes ish and last for 2-3 hours at a time.

Increasingly tired and emotional

Fanny daggers!! Pretty sure baby has a knitting needle in there with him!!!

Im in! For me its been vomiting and diarrhea last night, nothing really today. Feeling super emotional due to silly midwife from this morning saying that baby was breeched, sent me for a scan to confirm that she isnt! Some braxton hicks, but nothing more than that really.

Cant wait for it to be over now.. sick of waiting and guessing!

Can I join?
I'm due 9th Jan according to LMP and 11th Jan from 12 wk scan.

My symptoms at the moment are:
Period type cramps
Back pain
Lots of pressure down below
Needing the loo every time I stand up
Struggling to sleep at night
Really emotional (could cry at any point today :( )

Can't believe there are only a few more weeks to go!

Can I join?
I am due 5th Jan according to LMP but 11th Jan according to 12 week scan.
my symptoms are:
Regular bowel movement,
Feeling hot (literally like i'm on fire hot!)
not getting much sleep due to going for a wee at least 3 times a night!
BH,
nausea,
and just generally 'off' ... Pregnancy is defiantly not glamorous!

I'd love to! 38wks, due on the 11th Jan.

Having cramps on and off, especially after walking any distance.
Generally feeling a bit nauseous, although I haven't been sick yet.
Needing to pee all the time.
Very uncomfy, really struggle to sit in a comfortable position now!

I think we are all well and truly in the same boat! It's so reassuring to see that the symptoms we're getting are so similar. It's so uncomfortable now - mrs mel I can't even sit back on the sofa can you? I have to sit forward.
Christian'smum that 1st tri bladder pressure is such a pain isn't it! I thought I'd seen the back of it and was sleeping through the night for good then - until I had to start using hubs as a lever to turn myself over!

Anyone got swollen feet? Mine look like pods! Midwife said it was normal but they look and feel very tight.

Is anyone going to use labour starting 'methods' such as clary sage, red raspberry leaf tea, :sex: etc!! Think I might! And you're supposed to keep moving aren't you? But I couldn't get my act together today, felt so lethargic but managed some housework and bag packing this evening.

Hope we can all support each other and everyone has more easier than not labours! :flower:

I think we are all well and truly in the same boat! It's so reassuring to see that the symptoms we're getting are so similar. It's so uncomfortable now - mrs mel I can't even sit back on the sofa can you? I have to sit forward.
Christian'smum that 1st tri bladder pressure is such a pain isn't it! I thought I'd seen the back of it and was sleeping through the night for good then - until I had to start using hubs as a lever to turn myself over!

Anyone got swollen feet? Mine look like pods! Midwife said it was normal but they look and feel very tight.

Is anyone going to use labour starting 'methods' such as clary sage, red raspberry leaf tea, :sex: etc!! Think I might! And you're supposed to keep moving aren't you? But I couldn't get my act together today, felt so lethargic but managed some housework and bag packing this evening.

Hope we can all support each other and everyone has more easier than not labours! :flower:

Yes its a pain having to get up and wee so many times a night ... Oh I am defiantly nesting ... my house is spotless and cleaned my mums on Christmas eve then done my mum-in-laws boxing day I just cant stop!

I'm trying RLT and EPO doesn't seem to be doing very much but hoping it will help during labour.
I have had so many people tell me to keep moving, I usually hardly sit still but now that I have started maternity leave I am struggling to find things to do to keep myself moving!
Anyone got any tips on keeping busy?

Christian'smum: Me too! Are you folding baby clothes and rehanging them over and over or is it just cleaning? :rofl: I am! Someone I know was cleaning the bathroom floor on hands and knees at 2am while their husband was pleading with them to go to bed, 2 hours later her waters broke!

And lol to the new 2ww chatty!

Mrs s-m I'm going through phases, I definitely need lots of rest in between mainly because I feel strong fatigue intermingled with (limited) bursts of energy. Swimming's good. But mainly my 'keeping moving' is housework and short walks outside or to the supermarket but with hubs in tow so I can go back to the car if I want to.

Mrs s-m I'm going through phases, I definitely need lots of rest in between mainly because I feel strong fatigue intermingled with (limited) bursts of energy. Swimming's good. But mainly my 'keeping moving' is housework and short walks outside or to the supermarket but with hubs in tow so I can go back to the car if I want to.

I went shopping for a couple of hours yesterday and going for trips to the supermarket every couple of days. Problem I have with the housework thing is that we live in a flat and I have already cleaned it all... and it really didn't need doing in the first place as my DH had really done it all less than a week before.

Tomorrow I am going to go to hobbycraft and find something to keep myself busy and then may unpack and repack my hospital bags just to check everything is in there.

I totally agree that this is like the 2WW if not worse!

Christian'smum: Me too! Are you folding baby clothes and rehanging them over and over or is it just cleaning? :rofl: I am! Someone I know was cleaning the bathroom floor on hands and knees at 2am while their husband was pleading with them to go to bed, 2 hours later her waters broke!

And lol to the new 2ww chatty!

Oh I am doing it all to be honest I have even cleaned my walls :shrug: my husband keeps telling me to just relax and sit down but I just cant and I even lay in bed at night thinking of what cleaning I can do tomorrow :rofl: ... Also we :sex: last night and been eating spicy food all day today some thing has got to work!

Hi ladies! I'm in the 2 day wait rather than the 2ww, but allowing for going over I could still be in a 2 ww. I'm a friend of Fili's since our ttc after a loss days over a year ago and she invited me here to join in the moral support. Feeling much the same as you all, and I'm loving "Fanny Daggers" :haha: I get those really bad when I stand up from sitting on the floor especially.
Hope you all meet your babies soon!!

It's 4am and I just woke up to 'fanny daggers' lol (or lightning crotch!) OUCH!

Mrs s-m that's a great idea about going to Hobby Craft, there's one near me, might go and browse later today. Let us know what you get if you get anything.

I've just finished washing the last of the new things: blankets, those all in one coat things and a few baby vests. I'm going to pack the baby clothes in separate bags with labels on like 'scratch mittens' so hubs knows what's what if I end up being out of it!

The midwife will help with that don't worry Fili. Mine had Edie dressed while I was being stitched. If I remember rightly mark kind of flapped uselessly in the general direction of my bag and she fished out what she needed. The dads are usually equally out of it at this point!

Ooh boy am I happy to find this post! I've got:

Constant lower back ache
Leg ache in both legs
Lots and LOTS of baby movement
Very regular bowels
Unable to sleep for more than 3 hours at a time
Would love to be doing more nesting but just don't have the energy!

Also loaded with the flu and generally feeling very sorry for myself. Its good to know though that these are all 'normal' symptoms for this stage. Midwife also told me yesterday that baby is posterior :( so gonna be spending time on my exercise ball as much as I can!

Hi ladies, can I join please? I'm 38 weeks today, due 12th January.

I had the 'fanny daggers' a week ago for just one morning but not since then so I think LO popped back out. I've been getting more pressure down there the last day or two though so I think he's headed back down. I get BH in the night and a few toilet trips but so far *touch wood* I've been getting enough sleep because I've been falling back to sleep ok. Plus my toddler has taken to sleeping from 7pm/7.30pm until around 8.30am... good lad! :happydance:

I'm off shopping this morning to the market to find a cheap button-up shirt to give birth in. Hopefully I will get fanny daggers!! :rofl:

Sneaking in here if I can! Due 15th Jan, so 38weeks on Tuesday.

Have to say I haven't really had any symptoms :wacko: I did have back pain yesterday from walking around the shops for an hour, but I think that was more to do with pregnancy posture! :haha:

I fully believe this baby is going to stay in for as long as he or she can! :cry: it's fine because I'm not very uncomfortable (and I am a camel so I don't even have the bladder issues everyone else seems to have!). The only thing that bothers me is what size the baby may be when it does decide it's time! :haha:

I must admit - all through the pregnancy, I've never suffered from an over active bladder! I feel really lucky that even now, I'm able to sleep from 9-10pm right through to 6am without waking up. I've had a few stages where I've woken every morning for 4-5 mornings at 5am but it generally doesn't bother me.

This pregnancy is so different to my last 3 ... At this point, I was so over being pregnant and the last few weeks really dragged by. This pregnancy has been so easy that I'm struggling to believe that I only have days left instead of months!! I'm fully prepared to still be pregnant at 42 weeks (pretty sure he's lying in the star-shape and hanging on to the sides!) and hoping that I'll get my homebirth and not have to be induced!

I seem to have the opposite problem with dates tho .... My scan dates put me a few days further on than my LMP dates!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->