Any Advice after 2nd IVF Fails?

susiq

Reaction score
Hello I just turned 38, six months ago our first ivf worked but I miscarried at 8 weeks. After going through that loss we decided to try again, unfortunately I just found out today it failed, BFN. Just wondering what advice you might have after the second one fails? Is it best to just stop trying? My husband says he's done and this last ivf took most of the money we had. Just wonder if you have one cycle where it took but then mc, then a second that failed what are the chances a third would even work?

Having a tough time seeing my friends pregnant, one of which got pregnant the same time I did and just delivered a healthy boy.

Firstly sorry for your lost I know it is so difficult to see everyone around it getting pregnant after you and having their babies. How was your second cycle did you get any blastocyst?

They said to at least give it three times and to view ivf as a longer term process. I think going for another round you really need to question whether the doctors are going to do anything different. If not get another opinion.

I got pregnant only after my fifth ivf and after changing doctors. Some doctors are just don't have enough experience.

How iooked at it was if I don't have any children why do we needed to save so much anyway.

Good luck and I hope you make your decision that sits right for you and your husband.

Hi
I am sorry for your loss and you bfn. The most important thing is to take time to grieve and deal with the news. Don't make rush decisions.

As unlucky said Ivf can be a long process. I'd also recommend looking at different clinics who maybe offer a different protocol. I never got on well with short cycles and it was only after 4 failed cycles it was suggested my eggs were the problem.

The financial burden is so hard, might you be able to egg share to bring the cost down?

Take some time and review all you options. And take good care of yourself.
Xx

Although I didn't have an IVF, I did IUI and some of the issues could be the same. I find that implantation is not successful for me if I don't take progesterone. When I do get a BFP I end up with a MMC unless I take aspirin. I failed on 3 IUIs and now that I included both progesterone and aspirin I had successful IUI.

So sorry that your last cycle didn't work. I had 2 failed IVF cycle and got success only during my 3rd try which was a FET. I have seen so many ladies getting bfp after 4/5 failed IVF cycles. Just don't give up hope. I know IVF is emotionally and financially draining. Maybe you can change your doctor. About your mc, think about it as you did implant. After my 2 failed IVF I was doubting whether my body was capable of ever implanting and I was just 32. But believe me in the end everything is just worth it.

Hello, so sorry for your loss, I would agree with everything the other ladies have said, also I've heard that the statistics are 1 in 3 ivfs working so I think it would be worth another try
Have you asked about anything else such as endometrial scratch pr embryo glue? Im not sure how embryo glue works but I had the scratch and feel it helped, could be wrong but it's about £100 in the clinic where I was and could be worth it for the extra chance of implantation

Some ladies also have better success with fet so maybe on your next try if you do you might have frosties which might work better for you
Or it could just work and you willbe so glad you gave it another go, we understand how hard it is though physically, emotionally and financially

Good luck in what you decide xx

I would try again! It took 6 transfers for my son and that includes 3 fresh cycles with 3 fresh transfers and 3 frozen transfers. I miscarried 2 of those cycles and had 2 chemicals. If we would've stopped after our second our son would not be here. If you respond well and make good embryos then there shouldn't be a reason it won't work.

Thank you so much ladies. Unlucky41 interesting take on the money, you' soend it anyway on a child. My first IVF was with one clinic but the dr and the staff were so 'next!' I felt more like a cow then a woman getting ivf. I liked the clinic and the dr who did the 2nd one, she's gotten a goo percentage of women in their 40's pregnant was just really surprised it didn't stick. I'm now having the worse period, almost as bad as the dnc. I saw my GP today he mentioned maybe save up for an egg donor. What do you all think of that? I thought given my age I might be okay to still use my eggs but none of my cycles did I have frosties.

Congrats to all of you on your babies. Its funny how when I was 32 I was so unsure on kids, had I started then maybe I would have a child now. If I can somehow raise enough to do another transfer is it best to wait six months or try and do it right away again? My work is ending in sept so I wondered if that might be a good time to try, I shouldn't be stressed out.

Susiq : Me and MrsG are pregnant using donor egg. Due to endo my egg quality is not good. My doc gave me around 5% chance of success with my own egg and 70% to 80% chance with donor egg. So after my first IVF failed with my own egg we decided not to waste any more money doing OE IVF. At first it was so difficult to accept my eggs were crappy considering i was only 31yrs at that time. But then we decided to go ahead and now I think it was one of our best decision. There is a thread called Inconceivable and beyond where there are many ladies with donor eggs who are pregnant or doing IVF .

Susiq, I am sorry to hear about your loss and failed cycle. It's so unfair that anyone should have to go through this. What are reasons for not being able to conceive?

I've had two failed cycles and currently doing my third. I have a high FSH and my DH sperm is not great. I had a follow up appointment after our second failed cycle and I was convinced my Dr would advise egg donor but even though I don't get a high number of eggs the ones I was producing were good and fertilizing well but I just couldn't get pregnant so we needed to look at implantation. I am doing a few things differently this time, I've had an endometrial scratch, will have embryo glue and after transfer (fingers crossed I get to that stage) I will be taking clexane injections and steroids, all of these are suppose to help with implantation. My point is before you make any decisions about what to do, go speak with your doctor for their professional advise and discuss what your options are. There are a lot of options, as Coolstar mentioned you can also use egg donor. If this cycle doesn't work for me that will definitely be something I will look into next.

I am pretty sure you need to have 3 bleeds before you can do another cycle so I would advise to have your follow up appointment and then take this time to gather your thoughts and make some decisions about what to do from here. I know how emotionally and financially draining this whole process is and I truly hope you get some answers and manage to fill your dreams.

Good Luck :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->