Any advice for a newcomer?

Lilybelle

pregnant with no.2
Reaction score
Hello :)
I havn't gone on a diet on my own before.. When I was 16 i stayed with my dad for a couple of months so I had no choice but to eat what he gave me which helped me start off my weight loss journey fairly easily as by the time I got home my old habits died.

Since having such a bad year my old habits have came back with a fury vengence and I find it incredibly difficult to kick off this diet. If I try to cut down, my cravings start to kick in and the whole 'staying away from junk food' thing doesnt last a week and I'm back to my old self.

Are there any special tips to help start the process off? so that it doesnt feel like I'm on a diet.

do things slowly, they will work.

i cut down on fizzy drinks slowly, up'd the water slowly.

But when I start working out I have LOADS of guilt over portions and bad foods, guilt is my biggest ally in attempting a diet. maybe start keeping a food journal? That way it might deter you from having junk food, if you have to write it down later.

Id start by making the little changes ...

Swap full fat milk for semi or skimmed milk
Swap white bread for brown
Swap white sugar for brown or sweetner

Those kinds of things all help!!

Follow my post in this section, and you should get a few tips!

Thanks guys.. I've made myself a little food diary today :) I fell for the shortbread and mince pies but working it out I only eat 1100 calories including my meals so it should be fine xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->