Any advice on sleeping?

ingram27

pregnant - 3rd baby 👶
Reaction score
Hi my baby is 3 weeks old and for the last couple of days is having trouble sleeping at night. We generally feed him about 9 ish and put him upstairs in his moses basket. Last night was a bad night he went down at about 10.30 and woke about 1 which was great, however after that would not settle and cried until about 7am, he would settle in my arms but as soon as I put him down would cry again! He sleeps perfect through the day but how can I change is night and day around?

If he was crying all night, it could be a bit of colic? We had something which sounds very similar to your situation.

She'd go to sleep as usual about 9pm but then would be up from 11pm - 2am, non stop crying unless I held her. (Even if she fell asleep with me holding her, as soon as I put her down, she'd start crying again!).

We never found anything that really "worked", it just passed and she started to sleep better and for longer.

We also had the awake during the night and sleeping all day.. But once she got her feeding times sorted out, the rest just kind of followed. She got herself sorted out in the end!

Sorry, not much help but hopefully someone else may be able to give some ideas to try!!

wish i could offer some advice hun, but im having the same problem!! aidan fell asleep at half 12 last night, woke at quarter to 3 to quarter to 6, then woke up again at quarter to 7 and didnt sleep until half 12! its exhausting! xx

Not sure how much help i can be but my LO was like that and at times still is. Ot was just persistence that helped for me. When she woke for her 2am feed i made sure everything was quiet and very low lights, she'd fall asleep in my arms, but as soon as i put her down wide awake again, it was a horrible pattern of trying to get her to sleep then put her down get her to sleep again etc.. whats helped me in the past week is i stroke her face until shes asleep, wait until shes in a deeper sleep then put her down gently, it works ... most of the time. Hope your LO sleeps soon x

It's very difficult to get such a wee baby into a 'pattern'
I'd say make day time fun, bright and light. Nigh time, boring,dark and quiet.
Baby will soon realise being awake at night is no fun!

Also they do need feeding through the night at that age too so they are going to wake. As mentioned above make sure your LO is winded properly too as this can keep them up.
It will get better, honest!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back