Any advice/opinions welcome

muddles

Mummy of 2.
Reaction score
Yesterday I woke up with excruciating stomach pains, they were so bad that I couldn't walk and I thought I was losing the baby. Yesterday they were severe pains and today they feel mild to moderate. It feels like something is scraping down the whole of my insides/someone stabbing me in various places and its very uncomfortable. After the scraping/stabbing feeling I pass gas or go to the toilet and the pain subsides for a little while. My insides feel very swollen and when I cough it hurts inside me.

I am really worried. Will my baby have felt the pain I was in? How will it affect him/her? As I am still feeling pain today is that because my insides are very swollen due to the pain and number of toilet trips yesterday and today?

At no point was there any bleeding or spotting and I have felt the baby move a little this evening though s/he didn't move at all yesterday.

BTW I am 21 weeks pregnant and our 20 week scan last Monday showed everything was good with the baby and me. Should I phone my midwife tomorrow morning or the maternity department? Will they use a doppler or do a scan to check my baby is ok to put my mind at ease or just tell me not to be silly?

Thank you for reading my post. Any advice or opinions would be very welcome.

Can't help much really but I'd definitely call the GP tomorrow and get an appointment just to ease your mind.

Hope you feel better soon xx

I think your body is trying to flush your system out. Sorry I don't know much about this problem you have, but from what I have read, that's what it sounds like. And I don't think the baby would feel your pain. S/he is protected in his/her sac.

If I were you, I would still phone up the MW just for peace of mind. That is what I would do. Especially because Christmas is coming up, I would want to know my baby is ok before everything closes and I can't get hold of the MW or a doctor to ask.

Sorry I couldn't help more - hope you feel better hun. :hugs:

I think your body is trying to flush your system out. Sorry I don't know much about this problem you have, but from what I have read, that's what it sounds like. And I don't think the baby would feel your pain. S/he is protected in his/her sac.

If I were you, I would still phone up the MW just for peace of mind. That is what I would do. Especially because Christmas is coming up, I would want to know my baby is ok before everything closes and I can't get hold of the MW or a doctor to ask.

Sorry I couldn't help more - hope you feel better hun. :hugs:

When Colitis flares up my system flushes everything out and keeps making me go until its all gone. That's nice to hear that the baby wont have felt it all.

I will call first thing in the morning and hopefully she will fit me in/give me some advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->