• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Any advice please?

Mommy2Kian

Kaden and Sian :)
Reaction score
Since yesterday morning i woke up with a throbbin head...i had headaches at the begining but this is 100 x worse...to the point where i couldnt even get up with our squeezing my head together to try and stop the pain... ive never had an headache like it..i could hear my pulse in my ears and the throbbing was going with the pulse rate bump bump bump :(
I took paracetamol and it felt better for about 4 hours...but today it is the same again :( the back of my neck hurts and i cant look left right up or down without my eyes really hurting...i rang the Nhs direct, they didnt seem to concerned, just go to the dr's and they will give u stronger meds...i dont want stronger meds, i want my little boy to get better i dont wanna stuff my body with meds :( even tho they say it doesnt hurt the baby.

~IS it a migraine? ive never had a migraine before, it's lasted 2 days now...anyone else had this before?

It does sound like a migraine hun x I was suffereing with them a few weeks ago and midwife advised taking paracetamol every 6 hours to try and ease it x

It might be a sign of high blood pressure... I sometimes feel like that and then I know that my bp is sky high... The best thing for me is just to lye down and put a wet towel on my head...

Usually passes within 20 minutes...

(you don't necessary have to have high bp all the time. sometimes it just goes up by no reason)

Thankyou...i dont think it is my bp, i only had it checked monday it was fine..i wish i could lye down for 20 mins but i have a 4 year old who wants me to play cars and watch cbeebies:lol:

Ill wait for OH to get back from work and ill try that..

Thankyou ladies xXx

You poor thing :hugs:

I have had a terrible headache right on my eyes the past couple of days now. It doesn't sound as bad as yours but really horrible and making me nausious(sp). I also didn't want to be taking too much meds while pregnant, I know they say its safe but still makes me feel a little worried talking too much paracetomol.
I went to Boots and found these things called 4head. They are strips which you peel off the backing and stick on your head or you can cut them and stick them on your temples. It gives such a lovely cold soothing feeling and they last quite a few hours. It didn't totally get rid of the headache but made it more bearable and helped me relax a bit. It says they are totally safe while pregnant.

Hope this helps and you feel better soon x

Funnily enough Sun-Tues this week I have had the exact same thing and we are about the same number of weeks, maybe its hormones due to a growth spurt???

I was concerned about blood pressure too so popped into tesco and had it checked as not seeing mw till next week, it was fine though so felt better.

I took some paracetamol and rested, again not easy with a nearly 4 year old, he did watch a movie for a bit so allowed me some time out, I felt guilty (i think the word mum=guilt!) but he was happy for a bit and not like it's every day. Maybe cbeebies can help you out tomorrow if it's not better, sometimes 20 mins really does help???

I also use a 4head stick sometimes for a small bit of relief? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"