• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Any advise on formula?

dancing P

Reaction score
Morning

I have decided to bottle feed as breast feeding didn't go well first time around! I wondered if anyone had any advise on what is the best or what to avoid?

Thank you:flower:

My daughter didn't do well with a lot of formulas (sensitive tummy). I breastfed until 9 months and then she weaned (she honestly never really liked breastfeeding... I know that sounds crazy).

We ended up using Holle formula after much trial and error. It's organic and made from grass fed cows and doesn't have a lot of the garbage in it. More simplistic, nutritious ingredients. She also liked how it tasted. :)

I tried sma but they didnt take to that they did well on Aptimal but it was just when i went out bf the rest of the time

It's different for each baby. Cow & Gate made both of mine constipated but they both did great on Aptimal, however someone I knew's baby had it the other way around. I always started with Cow & Gate as it was only £7.99 a tub. :haha:

My milk was crap as in I was producing some top notch skim product that left my kid constantly hungry. She hated life so I went with the German version of HIPP. It was pricey but worth every penny. She had no gas and no tummy issues. She always fed well and transitioned easily between stages. It's all organic and there's no soy or extra sugars. Can't say enough good.

You know, I had a similar question a while back as my 3rd son is on Goat formula due to a sensitive tummy and I was debating if I should start this baby on Goat too. The best advice I was given was 'don't fix something when it's not broken'. :) There is no reason to suspect that baby will have any issues with formula so go with what's most popular at your local Supermarket. If that particular formula does cause baby issues, change it when you know rather than trying to guess what could happen.

It's different for each baby. Cow & Gate made both of mine constipated but they both did great on Aptimal, however someone I knew's baby had it the other way around. I always started with Cow & Gate as it was only £7.99 a tub. :haha:

I agree. Start with the cheapest and change it if you need to. :) There is no point spending a fortune until you know. :) I started with a $23 tin of formula and tried several others at different prices before I started paying for Goat at $40 a tin.

I tried sma but my boy didn't get on with it. He was much better on cow and gate but then we changed to the cow and gate comfort milk which was best for him in the end.

When we switched to formula ilwe first of all tried aptimal. It made my son really windy and constipated. Switched to hipp organic and he was fine on that.

All babies are different though and will react differently to the formulas. I'd pick one you're happy with, but don't be afraid to switch if it doesn't seem to agree with baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"