Any anxiety sufferer's?

Jewls

Reaction score
Bit of background.. I've always suffered with anxiety for as long as I can remember never taken any pills and seemed to have managed it ok ish minus a few periods of feeling I've lost control.
After my second child I had a bad bout of it (never told a midwife ) However managed to get better with help of cbt.

However this pregnancy seems to have made my anxiety worse in so anxious, panicky and jittery I feel like it's spiraling out if Control..

I'm not really sure what answer I'm looking for I've just never opening spoke about it and thought it would put my mind at ease knowing in not alone
X

I do. Early pregnancy is a big trigger for mine. I've been a mess the last two days.

Yes the last few days have been terrible for me too :( x

I really want to do some cbt but I have no one to watch my son.

I'm not pregnant yet but I suffer from anxiety pretty bad.

I really want to do some cbt but I have no one to watch my son.

I have done some and India help to a certain extent it made me think slightly different however when anxiety really gets hold of me I find it hard to get control of those thoughts

Ive had anxiety issues for as long as I can remember, all stemming back to a traumatic childhood. I actually started going to therapy sessions once a week a few months ago (the day my daughter started prek as that was a big trigger for me - the fact that she was going to be in someone elses care). Its helped tremendously. Weve been able to work through some of my "issues" and while I still have moments of anxiety and full blown panic attacks, its not nearly as bad as it used to be.

Have you thought about something like that? Just having someone to talk you through the rough moments is invaluable. I always schedule my appointments for the evening. We eat dinner, I leave for my appointment and my husband will get the kids bathed and in bed while Im gone.

That being said, this pregnancy has brought on anxiety about other things, labor, what Im going to do with my kids when I go into labor, how fast itll happen, breastfeeding, ect so its almost like Ive traded off some serious emotional anxiety for some not so serious situational anxiety, which I would rather have any day!

:hugs:

I'm not pregnant yet but I suffer from anxiety pretty bad.

How do you deal with it? X

Honestly a variety of things.
I've been seeing a therapist, I've been using my faith a bunch, I've been doing cognitive therapy, and meditation. I'm planning on starting yoga as well.. It's a daily struggle but it's gotten much better then the onset from a car accident back in August.

Me too!!! Usually I'm able to keep it under control with exercise and what not but pregnancy drives me off the edge every time! I get pretty bad anxiety while pregnant it's annoying. The past few days I've been crazy lol. I get bad health anxiety and it's just stupid. As soon as pregnancy is over it goes back to being background noise. Currently I'm managing with cbt but even that's not doing much...

I've had anxiety since childhood too. I agree that therapy can be very helpful as long as you find the right therapist (so if the first one doesn't feel like a good match persevere until you find someone you like).

Hypnosis has been very helpful for me so that may be another option you may want to consider.

Lastly, I hate mentioning it because it seems like a gimmick but I had...and I'm not exaggerating...life changing success with Lucinda Bassets anxiety program through the Midwest Center for anxiety. You buy CDs and listen to the full program. It changed my life. My anxiety is nowhere near what it was prior to the program and that was over 15 years ago!

I have serious anxiety issues.

Never had it this bad until 1,5 years ago, when I started my own business.
Money problems just send me over the edge.
I wake up regularly at 3-4am in the morning and can't fall asleep till 6/7, when its time to wake up anyways...

Lately it's so bad, I also developed nervous eczema and had some panick attacks.

Before I did some Bikram yoga, and it helped a lot... Now, since I'm pregnant, I had to stop. So back to waking up and worrying....:dohh:
Plus also worrying about the baby....

It's hard...:hugs:

Me too!!! Usually I'm able to keep it under control with exercise and what not but pregnancy drives me off the edge every time! I get pretty bad anxiety while pregnant it's annoying. The past few days I've been crazy lol. I get bad health anxiety and it's just stupid. As soon as pregnancy is over it goes back to being background noise. Currently I'm managing with cbt but even that's not doing much...

Mines the same I have health anxiety and I'm over analysing everything I feel and actually driving myself even more crazy I'm trying to remember my cbt but it's hard when your in that moment feeling a bit better today just trying to quiet that annoying anxious voice in my head lol

Mines the same I have health anxiety and I'm over analysing everything I feel and actually driving myself even more crazy I'm trying to remember my cbt but it's hard when your in that moment feeling a bit better today just trying to quiet that annoying anxious voice in my head lol

Health anxiety is no joke. That's what I've been overcoming. Self talk (cbt) and meditation are key to controlling it in my opinion.

I suffered with the most horrendous night panic in both earlier pregnancies. I would be up most of night in agitated and distressed state then have to face work and childcare next day. I didn't worry about anything per se - more sudden waking from sleep with intense panic. Nothing helped and I couldn't gain control of it. Dehydration was a trigger so I always make sure I drink plenty of water in day.
I am going to ask for a referral this time round. I may also explore option of hypnosis and yoga. But I work close to full time and my youngest is not yet 3 so not sure I will find time! ��

I have horrendous anxiety, mostly health anxiety and stuff with my relationship. I had CBT last pregnancy but I've forgotten it all now. I'm falling apart. :cry:

I suffered with the most horrendous night panic in both earlier pregnancies. I would be up most of night in agitated and distressed state then have to face work and childcare next day. I didn't worry about anything per se - more sudden waking from sleep with intense panic. Nothing helped and I couldn't gain control of it. Dehydration was a trigger so I always make sure I drink plenty of water in day.
I am going to ask for a referral this time round. I may also explore option of hypnosis and yoga. But I work close to full time and my youngest is not yet 3 so not sure I will find time! ��

Interesting that you mention dehydration being a trigger I always suffered with dehydration during mu previous pregnancies (even ended up hospitalised) I still don't drink hardly any water so wonder if that would help.
It's a vicious circle though if you can't sleep lack of sleep definitely makes me more anxious which then makes me not be able to sleep x

This is why I joined baby and bump! I am 7 weeks pregnant, and haven't slept more than an hour a night in 5 days. I started getting insomnia when I was 23, after a variety of circumstances- moving countries, working 3 jobs, getting engaged, social drama...that lasted for about a year, went away more or less after marriage, now I am 26, pregnant, and in the same boat!! I cry every morning when it's time to go to work, I am a teacher and have no energy to face the middle schoolers, my husband is frustrated at my tossing and turning and gets really upset with me, I worry about my baby's health, my health, even getting wrinkles, I am a cheerful person but insomnia makes me into a monster!! I just feel mentally unwell.

Does counselling really help? I am not anxious about anything in my life really, I am happy, but I get sooo anxious that my insomnia will be year-long again, make me so miserable, and I will destroy everything I worked so hard for. :( I run 5 miles a day or do ballet and whatnot, so exercise isn't helping anymore.

Counseling was key to help me overcome the anxiety and I'm still working on it..

Ladies feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to. I'm by no means an expert but I have dealt with anxiety and a bunch of symptoms and I feel it's always best to have positive people you can talk to about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->