Any babies born between 35-37 weeks?

my babs was born 37 wks which is classed as full term that was what the doc said, he weighed 7.2oz...

no different experence than my others hun xx

My LO was born at exactly 35 weeks.
I think he hits his milestones a bit later than other babies, but he's in the 95th percentile for weight.
xx

Wow, 95th for weight is amazing for an early baby! LO is only on the 9th, but was tongue-tied for 10 weeks so think that played a bigger part in slow weight gain than prematurity to be honest.

sglascoe - that's good to know that your LO is no different to your others. I guess 36 isn't too far off from term then really.

x
My LO was 100% Tongue tied too, but he had it snipped in hospital when he was 3 days old. He was 6lbs when he was born, so he's always been a good weight (except he went down to 5lbs 10oz just after birth - coz of the Tongue tie probably).
xx

It was actually a student MW that decided to check him for it! We had had all kind of latching problems, and nobody had thought to check... Until this student!
I BFd for 11 weeks, but always found it a struggle, so I switched to FF.
How is your LO doing now?
xx

Harrison was born at 36.3 weeks. Weighing 5lb 12oz. Even tho was only just prem he acted like a prem baby, slept all day every day until way past his due date. Nightmare to feed - used to take us two hours to get him to take one oz! Then start again an hour later! He smiled at six weeks actual and laughed at ten weeks actual. Everything else has such a wide timescale as to whats normal that its never made a difference x

my oldest was born spot on 37weeks and was 6lb 7. he had a few problems in his first year with constntly being ill but other than that hes great. and he has hit his milestoned earlier than what alot of children do. he crawled at 5 months walked at 9 months and started talking at 11 months x

Florrie was born at 36 +4 and was 6lb 13. She's little but she isn't a massive feeder and from day one stuck to feeds pretty much every 3 hours and for only 10 mins at a time. She isn't sitting up yet though at almost 7 months, or crawling.

My friends baby is just a couple of weeks older than Florrie but he was 10lb and 2 weeks late. No one believes they're a similar age. He can sit up, crawl and has teeth. Florrie's like a little doll next to him :)

Jake was born at 36+6 so just a day off "term". He weighed a whopping 7lb 11oz but showed other signs of being a prem baby, he had very severe jaundice and almost had to have a blood exchange and at 5 days old had lost a lot of weight (he went down to 6lb 10oz). But since then he's been completely fine, hitting all his developmental milestones and on 75th percentile for weight and height :)

My son was born at 37 weeks. He weighed 7lb 3oz. Like another poster said, he was a very sleepy baby for a good couple of weeks after birth, and a nightmare to get his feed into, he wud take half an oz and fall back asleep! But other then that he is perfect! He only managed to sit up on his own with out wobbling at about 9 months! He crawled on his first birthday for the very first time! Ans as of yet he is not walking, and doesnt have any interest in walking.. But I put that down to being a lazy boy, more then that he was a little early! :haha:

Niamh was born at 35+4 and weighed a massive 8lb 15. Shes a slow gainer, shes only 11lb3 at 10 weeks yet is on the 91st percentile as she gets marked back 5 weeks.. She was behind in some of her development, she couldent latch on to the breast untill she was 6 weeks old and dident start smiling or cooing till she was 9 weeks yet she has excelant head control from early on and has managed to roll over a few times on a fluke trying to see something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->