Any Cycle buddies for ICSI? (6th Nov)

chimmi

Reaction score
I am starting down reg injections (buserelin) on 6th November for my first IVF (ICSI) on the long protocol.
Anyone else starting on same day, or close..?
Would be good to have cycle buddy as it's my first time and I'm petrified!

Hi Chimmi

As I explained in the other thread, I'm doing the same thing just a few days before. I was going to say I'm not taking Buserelin, but Suprefact but after a bit of googling I've found they are the same thing!

I've had 4 IUIs before but I've only had to inject once (a trigger shot in a long cycle) so this is all new to me too. I still have a fair few questions for my clinic but I'm not due to go in for my next appointment until 13th November, if AF shows by then. I think I'll send an email with all of my questions this weekend!

We're also doing ICSI by the way!

Hi madonna :) yes it's the same thing, the nurse was calling it suprefact.
So you don't start injecting til the 1st and have an appointment on the 13th?
I start injecting on the 6th and have an appointment for a scan on the 21st (as long as AF has come first..!)
Are you nervous about injecting? That's my main worry at the moment (I've got loads but the other worries but they come after injecting lol) how far away is your clinic from you?x

Yes, that's right, I start on 1st and have an appointment booked first thing on 13th, but I was told if AF is not here by then, not to come but to phone up and reschedule. I kind of hope I'm delayed by a few days as at the moment EC is scheduled right around DH's 30th birthday, maybe a couple of days after. I'm trying to encourage him to plan something to celebrate (maybe a few days early) but he isn't keen as he said he may not feel like celebrating, which is of course true, and I've no idea how I'll feel physically by then either! But I don't want his 30th to pass without it being celebrated particularly if we get BFN, as I don't want him to feel resentful! I probably would've postponed by one month, but then it's Christmas!

I'm lucky that my clinic is only 20 mins drive away, and 10 mins walk from my work! However, it is costing us a lot of money for this convenience! Our situation is a bit complicated-we are English, but we live in France and work just across the border in Switzerland! Our French health insurance covers IVF in France, but it would all be in French and up to 2 hours drive away. In Switzerland, IVF is not covered on the insurance, but IUI is. So we tried IUI first, starting last Nov but no BFP! Switzerland has the bonus of being able to be treated in English, so we decided to stick with the same private clinic for ICSI, but we have to fund it all ourselves! The fact that it is 10 mins from my work was also a big deciding factor, as it removes a lot of the stress! I'm a teacher so time off is not easy, but this way I can always go in for scans or blood tests before school!

Sorry, that was a bit of an essay, you only asked how far I have to travel! Whereabouts are you and do you have far to travel?

I am a bit nervous about injecting, but I know DH wouldn't be able to do it so I have to get on with it! Where have they told you to inject? They didn't tell me and I forgot to ask! I guess it is the same as the trigger shot, either in the thigh or stomach? This is one of the questions that I want to ask the clinic. Also, were you told what time to take it? I was told it doesn't matter as long as I'm consistent!

Wow that's complicated!! But you are lucky it is so close to you. It sucks that you have you fund it yourselves :(

We live in wales and our clinic is 2 hours away..!
The nurse said to inject it into the stomach and in the morning at the same time every morning (I'm going to aim for 8am so gives me plenty of time before work at 9am) my parents are coming round to help with the first one (my dad is a dentist and my mum an insulin dependant diabetic - so they both have knowledge of injections lol!) hubby would do it but he leaves for work at 5am and that's waaaay too early for me to get stabbed in the stomach!!
I want to know if it's ok to take arnica tablets for injecting and for retrieval as I've read it helps. Have you got any of zita wests books? My mum bought me one and it's really helpful! Also got a relaxation cd on my iphone that she has done but I haven't really used it yet. I fall asleep after 3 minutes..
I would say to try and celebrate his birthday, but it's impossible to guess how we will be feeling isn't it? People have been asking me about Christmas parties and dinners and stuff and I'm kind of like "ummm" I have NO idea how I will be feeling ?? Ours is all set to be happening the first week of December so I'm so worried about how Christmas is going to be.. It's either going to taint it (bfn) or be the best Christmas ever!
Just wish I had a crystal Ball and could see what's going to happen..!

Wow, 2 hours away is a pain, particularly when you only have to go in for a quick scan on something. I'm not sure about arnica, I've not heard of that, what does it do? I've not got any Zita West either, maybe I should look into it!

I know what you mean about Christmas being either amazing or rubbish this year. Hopefully it will be the former!

Yeah it is a pain but so glad we can have it on the NHS. The clinic only opened last year so it's all new and swanky with all latest gear! Before that the waiting list was terrible and people having to go to England for treatment!!
Arnica is an alternative therapy thing which prevents bruising, I've taken it before when I had a wisdom tooth take out and the bruising and pain after was so much less than normal!
Yeah look up her books tells you everything to eat and do and all the step by step of the treatment and literally everything you need to know!
Ive got two books but the one called "fertility and conception the complete guide to getting pregnant" is better coz it's more simple and has loads of pictures/diagrams. There's an IVF book (can't remember exact name) which is paper pages with just printed writing no pictures and I can't get into it (not as clear)
Yeah I love Christmas, so just hope it doesn't ruin it for me, am just trying to be excited about Christmas as normal lol :)

Hi Chimmi, are you ready for starting tomorrow? The first day it took me ages to get rid of the air bubbles but I think I've got that sorted now! On day two it took me over 10 mins to bring myself to actually inject, but it was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. On day 5 now and getting used to it. No side effects so far...!

Well done on getting your Christmas shopping done too! I haven't even thought about mine, and I've got my brother's 21st and DH's 30th before that too!

Hi madonna, can't believe today is actually here (finally!)
It went fine, I shook the vial so much it was full of bubbles so I used a different one.. Lol
My mum was with me for support and I put frozen peas on my stomach first which numbed it and I just stuck it straight in and didnt feel a thing!
So relieved I was shaking after. But am sure I will be fine on my own now :)
Glad yours are going well and no side affects!!
Hope this works for us :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"