Any Essex girlies?

Taler

Reaction score
I'm from Leigh-on-Sea. 6 wks pregnant. 2nd pregnancy as sadly miscarried last year.

Having hardly any symptoms and just NOT feeling pregnant (although I acknowledge that this is largely through dis-belief of having tried to conceive for 3 yrs plus experiencing the mc too).

Have a scan booked in when I get to 8 wks which is great - means I can focus on that milestone as opposed to the 12 week one.

Be good to hear from others nearby.

X

Hi hun
I am from Essex, near Harlow.
Am pregnant with my 2nd I had a miscarriage 2 years ago after trying for 5years ish.
How long till your scan, hopefully not too long.
Hope your ok.

Hiya, my dad is in Old Harlow - was there visiting only last weekend.
2 weeks today until 1st scan and time cannot be going any slower!
Sorry for your loss 2 years ago, it's so horrible!
Congrats on this pregnancy and hope all is well. How far along are u?
Cannot imagine trying 4 longer than 3 years! That must've felt like a proper miracle when u eventually it there! X

Ah old Harlow is nice, we are in the middle of nowhere which is a pain if it snows.
I remember with my son I was so nervous most of the time and especially before scans. I had private scans at 8 and 10 weeks with him. Although the chances of anything going wrong again are very slim, it didn't help with people telling me to relax. This time round I am a lot more relaxed but that could partly be down to little one keeping me on my toes. I am 17 weeks now.

Is your other half being supportive, mine didn't know what to say when I stressed about the early week's.
Have you always lived in Leigh on sea bet its lovely when its warm and sunny.
X

To be honest I have been really calm ever since I found out. I am fairly good at not panicking unnecessarily BUT I am also aware that its maybe because I just don feel pregnant an it just hasn't sunk in. Am sure it will sink in more at the 8 week scan. And even though I feel fairly calm, I am still a little apprehensive and just want to know all is ok. We've waited so long for this!

My husband is great! It hasn't sunk in 4 him either and in some ways it's harder for him as I at least get the odd few symptoms to remid me what's going on inside.

He helps out round the house anyway but has been helping more as I work full time in the City so what with pregnancy symptoms I am even more tired when I get in now.

I've lived in Leigh for 7 years and LOVE it. It's the first time I have felt that way about where I live :)

How about u? Have u always been in Harlow?

How has your pregnancy been so far?

X

I don't think it sunk in for my other half till our 12 week scan but I think that was partly down to denial as when we found out our little one was only 8 months. Lol.
Staying calm is one of the best things you can do, as I think you enjoy the pregnancy more, I wish I had done that last time.
I grew up in cheshunt/hertford area and really don't like where we are but we are lucky to have our own house and I can stay at home with my little boy. For me that's the important thing.
So when is your due date November ish I am guessing.
Your o/h sounds fab especially traveling into London every day,that must be stressful at times.
So far this pregnancy has been not too bad morning sickness and tiredness has been crappy but it could be worse. Just pleased my boy sleeps which definitely helps.
What hospital will you be going to. X

I don't think it sunk in for my other half till our 12 week scan but I think that was partly down to denial as when we found out our little one was only 8 months. Lol.
Staying calm is one of the best things you can do, as I think you enjoy the pregnancy more, I wish I had done that last time.
I grew up in cheshunt/hertford area and really don't like where we are but we are lucky to have our own house and I can stay at home with my little boy. For me that's the important thing.
So when is your due date November ish I am guessing.
Your o/h sounds fab especially traveling into London every day,that must be stressful at times.
So far this pregnancy has been not too bad morning sickness and tiredness has been crappy but it could be worse. Just pleased my boy sleeps which definitely helps.
What hospital will you be going to. X
Is Cheshunt near Waltham Abbey?

Yes u r lucky to be able to be at home with your little man, it seems to be a luxury nowadays! I know for sure I'll have to go back to work part time at least! Would hate to do more than that though!

Yes am due Novemeber - 15th. Reckon I'll be at Southend Hosp.

When did your symptoms start?

X

Yeah its about 10 mins away from there. Ah someone I know had her baby there she said it was lovely.
The thing is with my job I got made redundant just before my maternity leave started and if I went back to work after this one it would actually cost more to put them in nursery than I would earn. So we just have to manage as much as we can for now. I don't blame you not wanting to work full time but its a really tough choice.
My symptoms started at 6 weeks but did in my previous pregnancies too so I was kind of expecting it although it was worse this time as were the food aversions. Do you have many symptoms yet.
Have you told many people, we tried to keep it quite ut people started guessing. Lol.
X

That's good to know bout Southend :)

We have told my parents and brother and his mum and aunt & uncle. No other family and no friends. Hopefully in 6 more weeks I will be telling them all, including complete strangers ;)

Yes it is difficult re work and you're right that sometimes your take-home wouldnt even cover the cost of child care x

Hiya girls, I'm from waltham abbey :) My daughter is 10 months now, so if either of you want to chat about pregnancy etc! X

Hi miss r. Waltham abbey is just down the rd.
Our little ones are nearly the same age.
X

Oh really!? Where abouts are you from? Xx

Ohhh so not far at all! How you finding motherhood?xx

Absolutely loving it, it taken a,long time to get here.
How about you. Do you go to any groups in the area. X

Ahhh im gkad your enjoying it :)

I love it too, find it hard and rather challenging but im enjoying it!

No not at the moment but am looking to start going to ones in the next few weeks, as i think LO would benefit from interacting with other babies. How about you? Im always to scared to go! Lol xx

We go to one on a Thursday am and tumble tots on a wed am but I think the same, want my lo to interact more with other children. He can be quite boisterous and I worry he will be too much for other children. Lol.

Also hoping now the weather is nicer we can get to the park more often.
What's your little one like. X

Yeah I think it's always nice for them to be around others! Just gets them used to it for pre school or school.

Cannot wait for the weather to get better!! Will be nice to go out for walks etc with LO and not have to put us both in a million layers!

She's lovely, very clingy though. Seems to catch things pretty easily and I feel like she's always ill!! She loves to be out and about but can be quite shy :)

Did you have your LO at PAH? Xx

Ah she sounds really sweet, I blame the weather for all the bugs floating around, there is so much going around.
Yeah I had him there, will be back there for no2 in august. Is that where you were too.
I found the midwives good there, although they are so slow with scans.
Is there much to do where you live, there is nothing where we are which can be a pain but it could be worse. X

I agree, i think she catches something new each time we leave the house!
Yeah i had her there... ahh congratulations! Boy or girl? Or you keeping it a surprise?
My midwives werw lovely... i had a difficult labour, lasted 3 days and they took really good care of me. How was your labour?
Theres quite a bit round here, im right near the town centre so i can do a lot. Do you drive sp you can go places? Im learning right now, looking to take my test soon, so much easier to do things!
How old are you if you dont me asking?! Im 22, 23 this year xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->