Any first time mommies?

I've got dizziness and nausea - though nothing unmanageable yet. Yesterday was probably my worst day, so I tried eating some crackers about 40 minutes before I even sat up in bed today and it seemed to help quite a bit. It seems like I just need to make sure to eat at pretty short, regular intervals to keep the dizziness and nausea at bay!

Both DH and I think we're having a boy - not sure why, but we would certainly be happy with a girl too! Scarily I think we've already settled on names!

I know the feeling. I get nauseas if I don't eat soon enough. I hear crackers help. Or something salty like chips. I'm hoping for a girl, but would be just as happy with a boy.

6 weeks here. 32 years old. Really excited, and nervous at the same time!! but mostly exhausted. is anyone else draggingly tired? :sleep: Also, curious if anyone at 6 weeks already had clothes (pants) feeling tight. Scale says i weigh the same, but i swear my jeans have shrunk a full size!!

Tired, oh yes! I can sleep a good 10 hours and still need a nap.

Thank goodness i'm not the only one! I'm ok if i'm moving, but if i sit down, it's over, lights out! haha! hoping that by week 13 i get some energy back.

I know the feeling. I get nauseas if I don't eat soon enough. I hear crackers help. Or something salty like chips. I'm hoping for a girl, but would be just as happy with a boy.

Speaking of chips, i just got off the phone with my dr.s office earlier, concerned that my little bubs wasn't getting enough iron from my diet, and she suggested kale chips. I had some kale in the fridge, made it into chips and they didn't even make it to the bowl. They are so good that i ate them right over the stove. Bonus! they are packed with baby growing iron.

I'll have to give kale chips a try. I hear by your 2nd trimester your energy should come back. Just from what I read online at least.

5w+2 here! This is my first every pregnancy and hopefully I will have a take home baby at the end of the 9 months. Didn't really realise how much can go wrong until I started searching online. I thought it was much rarer to have miscarriages than it is in reality...so scary! I did have a scan at 4w+5 but not by choice. I dropped into a clinic to get some thrush cream (the over the counter stuff here is not suitable for pregnancy) the doctor wanted to verify I was pregnant by giving me a lovely expensive ultrasound. I didn't want one because I knew she wouldn't be able to see anything. She confirmed I was pregnant though and it implanted in my womb so I guess that was a positive.

I'm going to a different hospital for my first proper appointment at 6W+2. I hope we can hear the heartbeat by then. Hope all is healthy in there.

Its hard to wait for your upcoming appointment. I only have 4 more days for mine. I found out almost a month before hand. Can't wait!

Hi lovely ladies, I'm 4w4d with my very first, first pregnancy too :happydance: Congrats everyone!

7 weeks today according to my LMP. My next ultrasound appt is Wednesday and I'm so anxious to get in there and see that everything is alright! I <3 kale chips - and now I'm craving them! The cracker thing seems to have helped keep the MS at bay for two days in a row, so I'll probably keep it up - along with eating small snacks throughout the day. Today I didn't even bring a proper lunch - just a variety of snacks (cottage cheese, yogurt, crackers, etc) to munch on throughout the day. My pants definitely feel tight already - but I haven't gained any weight yet. I think it's just stuff expanding and some bloating? I can't suck in my little tummy pooch anymore either. :wacko:

We're expecting our first and couldn't be more happy and nervous after trying since February. I am 30 and DH is 32. We want 3 total so we're definitely off to a late start. One thing I never expected is how bad m/s can be. It is now a guessing game on what will stay down. Grapes this morning did not make the list....

I also didn't expect that the first trimester would be so slow and nerve racking. It seems like week 14 is sooo far away and I don't know how I'm going to keep my sanity until we are out of the danger zone and can make the announcement to our friends and family.

I'm just trying to count down to make it through each week. How is everyone else passing the time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->