Any full-time working moms out there??

Hi Ladies, Im another full timer, I work shifts so sometimes I get to spend some time with my LO in the morning and other times I get to bath him and put him to bed.. So Im lucky my hours work out pretty good.

As much as I love spending time with my baba Louis, I feel we both appreciate each other a bit more now that we have that time apart, I love picking him up from my mums and seeing his little face light up "mama"!! ahhh

Going back to work has been good for me, but im sooooooo tired!!

Savannah doesn't even care after I don't see her all day. :cry: She's just like- Hi mum, how ya goin? lol Doesn't help she's still a youngin

Thanks Sarah88. I am going to try and pump twice at work. Hope it helps keeps my supply up. I have already started to wean away from the boob during the times I will be gone. I am hoping that my SIL will watch her at our home but if not will have to look into a home care or day care. I have already looked into one near our home, and was not too impressed. Leaving her somewhere unknown is the one true anxiety I really face. :cry:

It is hard, but the good ones will make you feel right at home straight away. I walked into ours for the first time and everyone said hello and asked how I was going. The lady even offered to hold Savannah while I was filling out the paperwork.
When you're pumping, be sure to pump for at least 10mins, longer if you can. I have had my supply diminish by not doing this. Chances are your milk won't flow for that long either.

I am going to try to pump for 20 around 9 am and then again at 2/3 for about 10 mins. I think that is all I can squeeze in. I plan on just eating lunch at my desk. Is that what you do?

Your care center sounds great :)

I pump 3 times a day, I'm a manager at kfc in a food court. I just go into our store room and lock the door. I spend my time playing on my phone, lol.

I have one friend whose daughter is 3 weeks older than mine who pumps at work...we can only use our allotted break time and I have 45mins all together. We do have a conference room we can use which is nice. My friend only pumps once, with a hand pump! I am going to let her use my electric one once I go back and maybe she can get a little more milk. She only gets 3 oz!!! I get 7-9 oz with the electric and 5 oz with my manual I got from the hosp.

Thats not really fair that you only get the 45mins total to pump. Do you have a manual pump as well as the electric? I find it really helpful to manually pump one side whilst doing the electric on the other then switching half way, I get more that way too

Yeah. hmmm never thought about pumping with both at once...bet that gets a little tricky ;) By law women in the US are only allotted their break/lunch time to pump at work. No extra time at all. At some places I am sure they are more lax but 45 is all the time I have at this job with my certain schedule. And from what my friend has told me, she has had some issues with people complaining that she goes over her time here and there. Which I think is STUPID and obviously whoever complained does not have children. AND who is really keeping tabs...common now (it wasn't from management).

The others are probably just jealous if she does go over.
It's not too bad pumping both at once, I attach the electric, turn it on the start the manual. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->