Any guesses??

Jamiesmummy22

Reaction score
These are my scan photos at 12 weeks 4 days. What do you think boy or girl? I have had to crop them to fit in so they are not the clearest.

2BCA089A-AF70-4BBB-B506-D2AEEBAA09EB.jpeg 2E6C669E-AF1E-445E-8B3B-061769271A63.jpeg AAC2DD03-B87F-4445-B4CE-5571AFE77502.jpeg

Thanks, that’s what I’m thinking too.... would of loved a wee girl as I have a son already but as long as baby’s healthy it doesn’t really matter x

I think the middle picture looks like a girl nub I can’t see a nub in image 1 or 3???

I think the middle picture looks like a girl nub I can’t see a nub in image 1 or 3???

Aww really, you have just made my day lol really hoping for a girl. I have no idea about this nub theory. I know it’s an old wives tale but the heart rate has mostly been 158- 162 on my Doppler. Few people have said boy and few have said girl too. Definately booking a private gender scan for a few weeks time x

Aww really, you have just made my day lol really hoping for a girl. I have no idea about this nub theory. I know it’s an old wives tale but the heart rate has mostly been 158- 162 on my Doppler. Few people have said boy and few have said girl too. Definately booking a private gender scan for a few weeks time x

I don’t believe the heart rate theory I think of baby is awake or asleep their heart rate will reflect it

I have been looking at this nub theory recently and I have 3 girls and looking back at all 3 scans I see a nub now and they’re all straight or pointing downwards

I am 12 weeks now with number 4 and posted a pic but I’m not sure if it’s a nub on my picture

I’m in 2 minds about finding out the sex for sure this time as I just struggled with how other people commented on me having 3 of the same sex the last time it made me feel like I was letting people down yet she is a wee darling and I wouldn’t change what I have for the world

I don’t believe the heart rate theory I think of baby is awake or asleep their heart rate will reflect it

I have been looking at this nub theory recently and I have 3 girls and looking back at all 3 scans I see a nub now and they’re all straight or pointing downwards

I am 12 weeks now with number 4 and posted a pic but I’m not sure if it’s a nub on my picture

I’m in 2 minds about finding out the sex for sure this time as I just struggled with how other people commented on me having 3 of the same sex the last time it made me feel like I was letting people down yet she is a wee darling and I wouldn’t change what I have for the world

Yeah I’m not so sure I believe it either. Plus I don’t know how accurate it is on the Doppler. I think I’m just clutching at straws hoping I’m one of the lucky ones to have one of each. My son’s heart rate was always around 140 mark.

I had a look at your photo and I think it’s a little boy.
My son’s scan at 12 weeks wasn’t the clearest, the difference between the 2 scan pics is unbelievable!! This scan was so clear... Mind you my son’s scan was 9 years ago. Will upload a pic.

Aw sorry about your previous experience finding out the gender. I found out with my son at a private scan, I was convinced he was a girl and I will always remember the scan, I went in and was told he was a perfect healthy little boy my partner was so chuffed and I burst into tears the lady that scanned me looked at me with total disgust like she couldn’t believe I was upset at the news but gender disappointment is real! I think my hormones that day as well played a huge part with my emotional outburst.
Felt terribly guilty after I came round to the fact he was boy and like you... I absolutely would not change him for the world. I hope you get your boy this time x

9FFCF7BA-23BE-4688-87FC-F9E56244B05A.jpeg

Yeah I’m not so sure I believe it either. Plus I don’t know how accurate it is on the Doppler. I think I’m just clutching at straws hoping I’m one of the lucky ones to have one of each. My son’s heart rate was always around 140 mark.

I had a look at your photo and I think it’s a little boy.
My son’s scan at 12 weeks wasn’t the clearest, the difference between the 2 scan pics is unbelievable!! This scan was so clear... Mind you my son’s scan was 9 years ago. Will upload a pic.

Aw sorry about your previous experience finding out the gender. I found out with my son at a private scan, I was convinced he was a girl and I will always remember the scan, I went in and was told he was a perfect healthy little boy my partner was so chuffed and I burst into tears the lady that scanned me looked at me with total disgust like she couldn’t believe I was upset at the news but gender disappointment is real! I think my hormones that day as well played a huge part with my emotional outburst.
Felt terribly guilty after I came round to the fact he was boy and like you... I absolutely would not change him for the world. I hope you get your boy this time x

View attachment 1046046
Thanks for replying and uploading your sons picture. I love checking out this theory it seems to be fun anyway.
You’ve every chance of having a girl it’s all 50/50. Sometimes it’s nice to get to 16 weeks plus and then you’ve the options to find out and know one way or the other.

I’m not getting my hopes up about a boy I’d love a boy this time but as long as it’s healthy. My second pregnancy was ectopic and I always wonder was that a boy. Guess no way of every knowing. I think the fact so many people have an opinion and some people’s comments are awful but when the baby arrives none of that ever matters. I couldn’t imagine my life without my 3 girls now

Maybe it's just luck but the heart rate theory was actually correct on all 3 pregnancies for me (baby bpm). Also the heart rate doesn't really change too drastically compared with being asleep or awake. The most I've seen with either of my children so far is around 5-10 bmp.

As for my guess, I'm going to go with a little girl :pink:. I'm no expert at these scans but I'm going based on skull, looks like a little girl head to me!

Any guess on this pic. 15 weeks and 2 days scan. Heard nub theory might not be effective as nubs are converted to parts by end of 14 weeks.

Kav, looks girl :pink: to me!! :)
My guess is based on head shape, I'm no expert either.

Last edited:
It’s a boy!!! Wee bit disappointed it’s another boy... but I’m just so happy he’s is growing well.

C6CA1368-F4B6-404C-AD8C-36DF653700CE.jpeg AA70A23B-EEC5-4986-BC43-21A8BD8EB026.jpeg 1D17F961-A0BE-4A73-8828-D581646F550F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->