any Halloween fans out there

Discussion in 'Santa's Grotto' started by Reid, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Reid

Reid mom of 1

my son has a wee Halloween party to go to in a few weeks im looking for idea's on a home made costume. the shops all stock the same kinda thing and I miss seeing the home made costumes so any ideas would be very welcome I no your a creative bunch lol xx

2. Kiddo

Kiddo Well-Known Member

We much prefer home made costumes for Halloween! Last year Harvey was a pirate. I took an old pair of long shorts and cut into the bottom of them, he wore a striped tshirt under the Jacobite shirt from his kilt, a fake earring, eye patch and a skull and crossbones scarf on his head. I drew some stubble and that was him.

Vincent was Shaun from Shaun of the Dead. He just wore black trousers, a white shirt, which I put red ink on the pocket of then he had a red tie and name badge. We made him a wee cardboard cricket bat to go with it.

We have also made Harvey a scarecrow outfit before with denim dungarees, check shirt, straw hat, face paint and some shredded yellow paper for straw.

3. Wriggley

Wriggley Well-Known Member

I find shop computer boring to

last year our son was yoda lol

this year I'm not sure

we will be taking him to pick his own pumpkin from a pumpkin field again this year that was fun

4. Reid

Reid mom of 1

yeah I just miss the imagination of it I remember being a butterfly when I was younger my mum made the wings from cardboard paint and glitter you dont get it now a days its a shame x

5. carbafe

carbafe Well-Known Member

What about a robot you would just need some boxes and egg cartons etc Then you guys could paint it or cover it in tin foil or coloured paper

6. cutebowsxx

cutebowsxx Well-Known Member

I went to tesco earlier and had a quick nose at all the halloween stuff which got me thinking about what to dress LO up in this year.. One idea which entered my head was a mummy :blush::haha: I thought of maybe ripping up old clothes, a little bit of face paint, and a few bandages here and there! I wouldn't leave it on him for very long though, only for a couple of photos and maybe take him ''trick-or-treating'' to my parents' house :haha: Unless he was happy wearing it of course! Lol :lol:

...I just typed in 'toddler mummy costume' in to google and I think they look adorable :cloud9::lol: haha! xx

7. Reid

Reid mom of 1

I've been looking online for ideas the best one I've seen is a clear bin bag filled with all coloured balloons blowing up just a little and ur a bag of jelly beans lol but I feel hes to young for this xx

8. Vicyi

Vicyi Me & Mine

:rofl:

9. mummyfin

mummyfin One of Each

Evil minion from Despicable me? Purple felt, white felt, black marker, glue, sorted!

10. Reid

Reid mom of 1

Thanks for the ideas girls still u decided lol x

11. Kiddo

Kiddo Well-Known Member

I think we have now decided on a mad hatter costume for Harvey but it will depend on my hat making skills, which I suspect may be somewhat lacking!

12. carbafe

carbafe Well-Known Member

Ooo good choice :) I am sure you just need to make a cylinder and big circle ..... :) Hope it goes well !

Last night DS was saying he was Super Luke and had red pj's tied around his neck so when he went to bed I made this :haha:

[​IMG]

13. Kiddo

Kiddo Well-Known Member

Fab cape!