Any HG mums out there?

worrying

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently 4+6 with number 2.

I suffered with Hyperemisis Gravidarum with my first. Nausea and food aversion kicked in at around 6 weeks. By 7 weeks I was vomiting up to 12 times a day (And through the night) and by 9 weeks I was in hospital.

This time around I woke up at 14dpo feeling sick. I've had nausea on and off but no food aversions as of yet.

I know that if you get it once there is an 80-85% of getting it again and the early nausea is giving me the fear.. Anyone in the same boat?

Congrats on your bfp!

I am on my second HG pregnancy, I suffered horrendously with my daughter and my doctors fobbed me off somewhat, which led to multiple hospital admissions.

HG started earlier for me this time around at 6 weeks, but luckily my new doctors have been amazing and put me straight onto Ondansetron. 'm on a higher dosage than I was with my daughter, I still have bad days, but thankfully because it's been managed a lot better this time around I've avoided going to hospital.

Don't be afraid to hound your GP for appropriate treatment, especially if what they initially give you doesn't work!

Big hugs to you, I know how awful the anticipation of HG rearing it's ugly head is :hugs:

Congrats on your bfp!

I am on my second HG pregnancy, I suffered horrendously with my daughter and my doctors fobbed me off somewhat, which led to multiple hospital admissions.

HG started earlier for me this time around at 6 weeks, but luckily my new doctors have been amazing and put me straight onto Ondansetron. 'm on a higher dosage than I was with my daughter, I still have bad days, but thankfully because it's been managed a lot better this time around I've avoided going to hospital.

Don't be afraid to hound your GP for appropriate treatment, especially if what they initially give you doesn't work!

Big hugs to you, I know how awful the anticipation of HG rearing it's ugly head is :hugs:

Thank you for your reply, so sorry it's got you for a second time! I struggled with GP's at first but lucked out when I went into hospital as an emergency, got a doctor that had had it twice so she was amazing.

This time I've not even managed to get a GP appointment until June :dohh: they are so oversubscribed in my town.. It's a worry.

I see by your ticker your daughter is around the same age as mine, may I ask how you've managed? It's been a worry of mine...

3rd time for me this time, though it's been nowhere near as bad this time. Ended up in hospital at 7 weeks but since then the combo of meds has done wonders and I'm learning what I can tolerate. I keep rich tea biscuits on me because if my stomach gets too empty I'll start throwing up bile and I hate it. Meds, cup of tea and a bowl of cereal in bed every morning is working for me. The quicker I eat the better I feel but I have bad food aversions so the plainer the better right now.

I'm currently 4+3 weeks with #5 (Crazy, I know :lol:)
I have three boys and one girl.
I vomited 20-30 times per day from week 6 until the day I gave birth with my boys and from week 9 until week 18 with my girl.
Have my cyclizine tablets ready but so far just had nausea. I'm absolutely terrified. Hyperemesis is absolutely awful :(

OP - my daughter has been brilliant, she generally understands that I'm not well and she tells me to rest bless her. We've had a lot of duvet days over the past few weeks, she does get bored sometimes which I can't blame her for because we are usually out somewhere everyday. My fiance has been an absolute godsend, which has definitely made it easier to deal with. He deals with the kitchen (dishes etc) everyday because the smell of the kitchen makes me vom. He sends me to bed when I'm really bad and looks after my daughter, and let's me rest as much as I need too. It's hard for him, he suffers really badly from fibromyalgia, and before it got pregnant most days I looked after him and he finds basic day to day stuff difficult and excruciatingly painful. He hasn't grumbled once about the role reversal though, he's equally as excited for the baby, especially after our losses. He doesn't work because of his health problems, so it does make it a lot easier for me to rest etc.

Thanks all,

I'm still feeling pretty good, just tired. That said it didn't kick in until 6 weeks with my daughter so I just feel like I'm waiting for it. Have a telephone appointment with my GP on Monday so hopefully they will put a cyclizine prescription on standby for me.

Knowing me if it doesn't come I'll end up paranoid that something is wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"