Any ideas how I can ovulate earlier than CD19-21??

Taima

Reaction score
Hey ladies. This is my third month charting. Just got AF. So far my cycles have been 33-35 days long with ovulation on usually in day 21. I had an early miscarriage in October and ovulation day was 21. I would love to live up my Ovulation date at least to CD 17. Before I got married and ttc my cycles used to be 30-31 days. So I must have been ovulating earlier.

I'd love to ovulate earlier for 2 reasons:
1) later ovulation is associated with higher risk of miscarriage and birth defects
2) I hate having to wait so much for ovulation.

I know about Vitex but I don't want to go that route so early and I have a regular cycle. I just finished my third month ttc. Anyone have any suggestions??

Hi Taima
sorry to hear for your loss.

soy can bring on early ovulation and help shorten long cycles. I'be started taking I this cycle to see if it helps me, usually my cycles are 40 days long and I git a positive opk on cd15.
will day research it though as it can mess up your cycle if you are a normal healthy cycle. its like natural clomid and you take it for 5 days only usually days 3-7 of your cycle give or take a day or two.
I'm not necessarily suggesting you go down the route as your cycles are regular but thought it worth a mention.

Stay away from NSAIDS...ibreprofin. ect. heard those can put off ovulation

Dont take Soy isoflavones if you ovulate on your own, there is alot of misinformation on the web about soy working like clomid but it really does not,This cycle I stupidly took it and it delayed my ovulation by 5 days.

Hey thank you all for your replies! Just realized I made loads of typos on that first post, sorry!

Cameragirly- I have also read about soy success but also stories of how it negatively impacts some women's cycles as lisap2008 mentioned. I looked into soy but told myself I wouldn't use it now. Maybe if it takes me long to concieve but hope not.

lisap2008 - sorry to hear about your ovulation day. What was it before? And what is it now?

You know ladies I was looking to see where soy came from and I found this. It talks about its risks and benefits and studies.
https://extension.agron.iastate.edu/soybean/uses_isoflavones.htm
I'm making an appointment with my doc on Tuesday to talk to her about my options. Even what we call herbs and natural can effect us in negative ways in too much quantities. I got a weird idea about eating a lot of soybeans in those 5 days people take the soy supplements. Maybe it would help a bit. Lolll

Waitingingod1- yea I found that out first month ttc and hardly ever take them now. Used to love Motrin 800mg - instant relief!

Hope everyone gets their BFP!

Anyone know of healthy eating habits have an effect on ovulation?? I don't eat a lot of processed foods -hardly. But I do eat loads of sugary foods every now and then. Also my diet is loaded with carbs. I hardly eat fruits and vegetables though they're always in front of me (horrible, I know). I have average BMI. I Have been leading a sedentary life ever since June when I graduated college. Waiting to continue education. Do you think ovulation is affected by any of this?

Eating fresh pineapple is very good for ovulation eat it from cd1 till ovulation day then stop it

Eating fresh pineapple is very good for ovulation eat it from cd1 till ovulation day then stop it

Thanks for your reply!
How come I should stop at ovulation? I did some research and found that it's really good for luteal phase as well.
Parenting.com :
-------
Luteal Phase

Now is the time to load up on nutrients that encourage cell growth. Beta-carotene, which is commonly found in leafy greens as well as yellow and orange foods (e.g., carrots, cantaloupe and sweet potatoes), helps keep your hormones in check and prevents early miscarriage. In fact, the corpus luteum, which helps produce the progesterone necessary to sustain a pregnancy, is loaded with the powerful nutrient.

One food that gets a lot of attention during this phase is pineapple. In addition to beta-carotene, pineapple contains a substance called bromelain, which has been shown to mildly support implantation through its anti-inflammatory properties. “There’s not a lot of research out there for the benefits of eating pineapple during the time of conception, but if you want to hedge your bets, you may benefit,” says Wright. “After all, pineapple is a healthy food with no downside.” Experts discourage taking bromelain as a supplement though because the dose may be too high, and anything that dramatically moves blood during this time could be counter-productive.

Regarding soy, I also did some searching on the topic and found out why it's not really the best choice and its not good for everyone. Isoflavones are made up of 2 types: ones that act like estrogen and ones that block estrogen receptors. You want more of those that block estrogen receptors so you can trick your body into thinking it needs to make more estrogen leading to an earlier ovulation. Clomid simply blocks estrogen receptors and is a better option than soy. Here's the link for more info:

https://www.babycenter.com/404_can-soy-isoflavones-help-me-get-pregnant_10364266.bc

Taima I usually ovulate on my own cd 13-14 this cycle I took 80mg of soy isoflavones cd 3-7 and it delayed my ovulation till cd 19 finally got my + opk on new years eve.

Your exactly right Soy is estrogenic which is why post menopausal women take it . clomid is anti estrogen which is why it makes you ovulate.

This is what I found online:

"Soy isoflavones won't help with ovulation in any way.. in fact, since it is an estrogen, may keep one from ovulating if consumed in high enough doses (this is how birth control pills work). This is a medical fact with lots of misinformation out there on the internet."Dr Rudy Quintero M.D., F.A.C.O.G.

"Soy is particularly harmful for women and men trying to conceive, for women already pregnant or breastfeeding and for infants.

A study at the Harvard Public School of Health in 2008 found that men who consumed the equivalent of one cup of soy milk per day had a 50% lower sperm count than men who didn’t eat soy.

In 1992, the Swiss Health Service estimated that women consuming the equivalent of two cups of soy milk per day provides the estrogenic equivalent of one birth control pill. That means women eating cereal with soy milk and drinking a soy latte each day are effectively getting the same estrogen effect as if they were taking a birth control pill".

Lisa, wow that's really interesting. If you ovulate on CD13-14 on your own that's perfect!!!! I would love to ovulate at such an early time. In my opinion you shouldn't be taking anything for your ovulation !

I did some research and found that I should take vitamin c 1000mg , zinc 30mg, fish oil and flax oil supplements for healthier ovulation. Also prenatal vitamins.

There was a time last year when I started taking vitamin c and was getting my period every month exactly same day (30 day cycles). I was taking it for healthier skin. Then I stopped it. Took it again 6 months ago and it regulated my cycles again because I didnt want unpredictable or late periods for some reason. At that time I didn't temp or know anything about ovulation or these things.
Hopefully it was making ovulation earlier. I'm only CD 4 so I'll see how much it helps me. :)

Lisa, wow that's really interesting. If you ovulate on CD13-14 on your own that's perfect!!!! I would love to ovulate at such an early time. In my opinion you shouldn't be taking anything for your ovulation !

I did some research and found that I should take vitamin c 1000mg , zinc 30mg, fish oil and flax oil supplements for healthier ovulation. Also prenatal vitamins.

There was a time last year when I started taking vitamin c and was getting my period every month exactly same day (30 day cycles). I was taking it for healthier skin. Then I stopped it. Took it again 6 months ago and it regulated my cycles again because I didnt want unpredictable or late periods for some reason. At that time I didn't temp or know anything about ovulation or these things.
Hopefully it was making ovulation earlier. I'm only CD 4 so I'll see how much it helps me. :)

Thanks,I believe taking vitamins aids ovulation. I take a prenatal vitamin daily along with extra folate and royal jelly . recently added pine bark extract ( a strong antioxidant)and ubiquinol ( for egg health) and I stopped drinking coffee. We have been TTC for 6 years my DH has slightly low counts he started taking supplements to improve his sperm count 3 months ago, last month I added pine bark extract and tribulus terrestris to the mix for him and I have seen a improvement in his libido so hopefully its increasing his sperm count. but because of us trying for so long and I am running out of time we have decided to be agressive with TTC this year .starting next cycle I am going to be taking clomid with HCG trigger .

Sorry to hear your going through so much trouble ttc. I hope your efforts this month and next month get you your BFP.

Since your Husband has low count, have you tried to use baking soda down there? I used it first month trying to sway for boy but it also raises your chance of conception. It makes more egg white CM and it lowers the acidity of the vaginal secretions. It makes it more sperm friendly. I got pregnant that month but didn't use it afterwards. If you want more information just let me know. Also supplementing with Zinc is good for both of you.

Good luck!

It may sound crazy but I want to ask my doctor for clomid . It's only been 3 months ttc. Soon I might be seeing DH one month every 2-3 months so I won't have many chances to try!

Sorry to hear your going through so much trouble ttc. I hope your efforts this month and next month get you your BFP.

Since your Husband has low count, have you tried to use baking soda down there? I used it first month trying to sway for boy but it also raises your chance of conception. It makes more egg white CM and it lowers the acidity of the vaginal secretions. It makes it more sperm friendly. I got pregnant that month but didn't use it afterwards. If you want more information just let me know. Also supplementing with Zinc is good for both of you.

Good luck!

Yes I do BSF and I drink BS water around ovulation time otherwise my CM is so acidic it kills most of the sperm off. I did it this cycle but I am guilty of being lazy and not using BS on most of the other cycles we have TTC and most of last year we were NTNP because I started feeling like its not going to happen for us.

In the past I responded really well to clomid the only bad thing is the mood swings and it can thin the uterine lining making implantation impossible. so I will be taking clomid cd 3-7 then estrace cd 8-12 to make a good lining.

lisap2008, Thank you for the information, very informative. Luckily, I personally don't like Soy products but now I know for sure to stay away ;)

My sister was on clomid for her second child and conceived within two months. I'm waiting on my blood test but will keep this in mind if the result is not what I'm hoping for.

Wow Lisa , it turns out we were both doing the baby boy sway haha. Next time I'm with DH I'm going to use as much BSF as I used when I got my chemical BFP lol

Thanks for your reply!
How come I should stop at ovulation? I did some research and found that it's really good for luteal phase as well.
Parenting.com :
-------
Luteal Phase

Now is the time to load up on nutrients that encourage cell growth. Beta-carotene, which is commonly found in leafy greens as well as yellow and orange foods (e.g., carrots, cantaloupe and sweet potatoes), helps keep your hormones in check and prevents early miscarriage. In fact, the corpus luteum, which helps produce the progesterone necessary to sustain a pregnancy, is loaded with the powerful nutrient.

One food that gets a lot of attention during this phase is pineapple. In addition to beta-carotene, pineapple contains a substance called bromelain, which has been shown to mildly support implantation through its anti-inflammatory properties. “There’s not a lot of research out there for the benefits of eating pineapple during the time of conception, but if you want to hedge your bets, you may benefit,” says Wright. “After all, pineapple is a healthy food with no downside.” Experts discourage taking bromelain as a supplement though because the dose may be too high, and anything that dramatically moves blood during this time could be counter-productive.

Well as i know its make ovray works more and active to produce good eggs and faster also it maked your hormons cycles goes faster which lead to produce high LH to rupture your egg so if you continued using it after ovulation here is a chance of being pregnant and you don't know so your lh if it goes high it lead to early miscarriage so thats why using it till ovulation is better i don't know if it's trure or no but i would work with this advise to be in safe side

Thanks for your reply!
Parenting.com :
-------
Luteal Phase

Well as i know its make ovray works more and active to produce good eggs and faster also it maked your hormons cycles goes faster which lead to produce high LH to rupture your egg so if you continued using it after ovulation here is a chance of being pregnant and you don't know so your lh if it goes high it lead to early miscarriage so thats why using it till ovulation is better i don't know if it's trure or no but i would work with this advise to be in safe side

i see your point. Although pineapple is a fruit it's best not to overdo anything when there's a chance of pregnancy.

Made the final decision to ask my doctor for clomid. Just one cycle to up our chances of becoming pregnant because we won't have many chances. One cycle of low dose won't hurt. Probably have a stronger and earlier O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->