Any ideas please?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by pinkandfluffy, Dec 24, 2009.

1. pinkandfluffy

pinkandfluffy Pregnant with Number 2!

Well this week will see me hit 8 weeks, and because it's Christmas and our parents will be together with us, we are going to tell our families tomorrow....

I am struggling for a good way of telling them....as we haven't had scan yet, so can't go the scan pic route....

His sister is in Oz so we are telling her by phone. She has randomly decided to come and visit us all next July / August, so we thought we'd tell her by asking her to babysit and see if she gets it :winkwink:

Any ideas - how have you told people? Thanks in advance - hope you're all having a lovely Christmas eve!! :flower:

2. binxyboo

binxyboo Well-Known Member

I managed to get my scan done on the 21st of dec.
    We have bought a christmas card, put the pic inside, and written

To Nanny and Grandad
    Can't wait to meet you in July
    xxx

I think this could still work without a picture

3. Sassy_TTC

Sassy_TTC Poppy & Zac's Mummy :-D

What about Chirstmas cards, write in them to "nan and grandad" or whatver from Baby (your last name)!!!

Thats what I wanted to do, but think its too soon.xxx

4. pinkandfluffy

Thanks ladies - I know what you mean sassy, and it took me a few weeks to adjust to be honest wouldn't have known what to say at first!
    We're a bit unsure at 8 weeks but I guess if something goes wrong these are the people I'll need support from :wacko:

5. BrookieG

BrookieG Mummy to Ollie

sitting round the table eating xmas lunch casually ask what everyone is planning on doing the month your due...when they ask why just casually say your gonna meet your grandchild lol x

6. pinkandfluffy

Brookie I love that! I'm going to suggest it to DH!!