any ideas re timing ovulation

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Ebony_Blaze, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Ebony_Blaze

Ebony_Blaze Guest

Hello everyone

Any ideas, I came off pill july 22nd....after 2 yrs....got AF 30 days later and now on CD5 - just wandering as this is my very first period after 2 yrs of being on the pill as did'nt have them with cerazette - I'm trying to work out when I will be ovulating - would you go by the 30 day cycle or wait for the next AF to confirm ?

I've sent off for some OPK's so will do those
    but just wandering if any one in the same boat

x

2. banana1011

banana1011 Well-Known Member

Hi :hi:

I'm not in the same boat, but everyone is different, especially coming off the pill. Some O late, early, around CD14, and some don't O for a little while after bcp. Those OPK's will definitely come in handy for ya! I didn't O until the 3rd cycle off bcp. :( Are you using anything else to determine O date? I.e. temping, watching cm, etc?

3. Crypto1976

Crypto1976 Guest

I would do opks this month just to get a feel for your cycle. XX

4. CateFace

CateFace TTC Cycle #2

When you first come off of the BCP it can take a few cycles to really regulate so you can't really predict your ovulation. I suggest using OPKs starting around day 8 until you see a positive. Also temping can help, somtimes you'll see a dip just before ovulation but not always. And lastly but certainly not leastly you can moniter your CM and CP - but CM is often mistaken, so its not quite as fixed variable as OPKs and your temp would be.

5. sancarlos27

sancarlos27 Well-Known Member

I went off the pill after 8 years July 18th- must have ovulated August 13/14 (so a few weeks delayed after pill) and am now preggo! Good luck to you!

6. Ebony_Blaze

Ebony_Blaze Guest

Hello banana 1011

I have just bought a temp ovulation set so will prob have to wait for my nest AF to start that - also I do shift work - sometime starting work at 6am and other shifts such as nights and finishing at 6 so not sure how that's going to work ?!

It's only my cycle 2 but really want to track down that ovulation this month !!!

Thanks girls - your're great

x