Any ideas what this is next to baby's sac? Scan is 8+2

Kyliem87

Mummy of 1 Princess
Reaction score
Sooo pleased to have a good scan. We lost a bean in Jan due to low rising hcg and the sac didn't grow and baby lost its heartbeat so I've been really worried. But everything looked great today. Baby is measuring 8+3 and I'm 8+2 by LMP. Much rather measure ahead than behind that's for sure! lol

Anyone any idea what the other dark space is next to the sac though? She never mentioned it but I've never had it one any other pregnancy or scan (this is my 8th pregnancy, 2 daughters, 5 miscarriages and this pregnancy)

Any insight appreciated :)

:flow:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 23
I think it's your bladder too. I had something similar on my last scan and when I asked the sonographer what it was she said bladder.

No it's not my bladder :) my bladder was further over. She pointed out my bladder and ovaries separately. I've had a million early U/S's but never had this before so really not sure! lol

:flow:

It could still be your bladder; where structures appear on the screen and how they look depends on how the probe is positioned, how much pressure is being applied by the operator, the angle the probe is being held at, etc. An image like this is hard to interpret without knowing more about those factors. In any case, I wouldn't be concerned. If you look at other ultrasound pictures you'll find it's common to see hypoechoic (dark) areas outside the gestational sac. There are a lot of structures in the pelvis that can make an appearance during an ultrasound, the radiologist and/or your doctor would've pointed out if there was anything of concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->