• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

any ideas

M

Mrs Liamxxs

hi ladies hoping you can help me....maybe a few ideas

in 2000 my grandma died

in 2008 my grandad D died

in 2009 my grandad H and my nan D died

i had always imagined that they would be there when i eventually got married.

Do any of you ladies have any ideas on what i could do to make it feel as though they are still included in the day as they are not here in person xx

how sad for you!

My sister died before I even met her and as a tribute (and because her name was Lily) I'll be putting a single Lily stem in a vase on the memoir table next to the photographs of family members and us growing up.

You could incorporate beautiful photographs of their wedding day in frames next to the cake or play their favourite songs?

i had thought about playing their favourite songs for entering, signing and leaving but i would feel guilty if upset everyone with the songs xx

I dont think its about upsetting them- its about retaining their memory- ask your family to make sure everyone is comfortable. They may have some good ideas xx

i think i might just do that, i feel rather sad because i want them to be there so much and i know its an impossibility (speaking of my grandparents is still a raw subject, it still hurts like day 1) they have been on my mind alot more than usual lately xx

Weddings are so emotional- not just for the bride and groom but for all the family. It brings up memories and times that relatives hold dear and lost loved ones are no different. Its wonderful that you still think of them and I'm pretty sure your family will be overwelmed that you will want to include them some how in your day.
It'll be emotional for me because I can see this being the last time that all my family will be in the same room together as my grandparents are ill and everyone is growing up. It'll be an experience, and one I wont forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"