any info on ivf please

Sarah_16x

Mum to Jayden & pregnant
Reaction score
Hi, I don't understand the costs including what consultation tests etc you'll need, can you get the medication on nhs even though your going private? Do you need all the tests done at all like hiv, hep etc or can you do it through doctors which is free ?

What roughly are the costs for ivf including all that in the UK?

Is the process long through private how long after meeting the clinic did you have your ivf?

Many thanks

The NHS will not cover any of the costs unfortunately, if you are going privately or self funding you will have to pay for all your medications. As for the bloods tests (hiv, hep etc) I had to pay for these on each of my cycles too. On very few occasions have I heard that the GP will carry out these blood tests, it depends if they are feeling nice or not so there is no harm in asking.

Each private clinic will have their own fees for initial tests and consultations, their websites should give you a breakdown of costs. Alternatively if you have a local NHS fertility clinic you can 'self fund' and the tests may be cheaper.

I hope that helps and good luck with your research.

Hi, hun! All these questions were stuck in my head not so long time ago. I've already shared info on the other threads in case you come across. We passed ivf with donor egg in Biotexcom clinic which is in Ukraine. But first a little background.
I'm 40 yo, suffering from endo and pcos. Dh's results came in healthy each time. Once we came across eviternity.org International patient coordinator. They offered free consultations in London, so we decided not to miss the chance. After qualified consultation we signed the contract with our clinic. We chose 5 shot ivf program with de. (This route turned out to be the only possible one for us after years of treatment). Among the pros of the program was the guarantee. In case of 5 failures they refund all money paid. With our long fertility journey we thought it we needed more than even 2 shots. So for 9900 euro we got 5 shots, all needed meds and selective reduction if needed. Besides housing, transportations, meals were also covered by the package price. From all our previous ivf experiences (We passed 1 round clomid, 2 fresh cycles with own eggs and spent a fortune with no success) this one was the most financially attractive. And as for the time frames. After the 1st app was conducted time flew. In 2 weeks the donor matching program was completed and we started our treatment.
Wish you all the best with your further research ;)

Look at and contact clinics near you and ask these questions they will help you
Manchester fertility are amazing at costing things and answering all your questions
Believe me I have asked about 1000��

I havent really looked into this too much as i am currently doing mine via the NHS, but my MIL said that Asda do discounts on IVF meds so maybe have a look into that! Asda & IVF

A few friends of mine have undergone ivf at Gdansk in vitro clinic. They paid about 2 500 Euro (ivf with meds, and consultations). It was easy for ladies to compare ivf costs as a clinic has own fees for ivf procedures on the website. I agree with fairytales87- ask questions to get the complete picture of what yr treatment is like and what to expect.

My round were about £7000 each with meds, scans, meetings, egg collection and transfers etc.
I managed to get some blood tests through my GP. I guess it depends where you are and what treatment you need. I had 4 icsi and 1 imsi

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->