Any IVF success after 3 or more fails?

babydrms

Mom to 1, TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi everyone, as you can guess we are experiencing repeated IVF failure :cry:
- failed two fresh cycles and 1 frozen so far and gearing up again for another FET in July.

I am hoping to find some stories of people it has worked for because we are losing our hope and we just feel so jaded at this point!! :nope:

I hope there are some ladies that can help renew my drive because lately I just feel beat down!!

Hi!

Posting a bit late but maybe you have good news to share as you mentioned you were doing your next cycle this month! But yes, I have a success story after 3 failed IVFs! We tried everything and even got a second opinion at a nationally recognized hospital. We tried for the 4th time and it worked!!! I am 12 weeks tomorrow and one happy camper.

Hopefully this cycle worked for you as I am not sure when you started. Good luck with everything, I know how draining and emotional each cycle is!

Hi!

Posting a bit late but maybe you have good news to share as you mentioned you were doing your next cycle this month! But yes, I have a success story after 3 failed IVFs! We tried everything and even got a second opinion at a nationally recognized hospital. We tried for the 4th time and it worked!!! I am 12 weeks tomorrow and one happy camper.

Hopefully this cycle worked for you as I am not sure when you started. Good luck with everything, I know how draining and emotional each cycle is!

Congratulations and thank you so much for your story! We have no news yet with this cycle - I am currently 3dp5dt, so waiting - and not feeling very confident at all. This was another FET.

So from what I can gather - you did 3 fresh cycles and a FET before you got your BFP from a fresh cycle? Did you change lots of things (meds/protocols)? Did you do day 3 or day 5 transfers? If you don't mind, what was your diagnosis? Anything else you did that help keep you sane during all this - because I really feel like I am losing it.

We have unexplained infertility which was obviously not very helpful over the years and made everything that much more frustrating.
We did ICSI for the second time along with assisted hatching for the first time. Also, I have always done day 5 transfers but they decided to do a day 3 hoping that maybe the embryos would do better inside.
I swore it didn't work because I felt the same as all the other cycles that failed. I almost died when I saw the result on the stick.
Try to stay positive if possible. I know easier said then done.

I feel like you right now, gearing up for my frozen transfer...really hope this is it for you!!

I feel like you right now, gearing up for my frozen transfer...really hope this is it for you!!

Good luck!

What kind of protocol? Mine was long and boring - and the second one had a million drugs on it! I have autoimmune issues though...

My Beta is Monday...

How do you know if you have autoimmune issues? I am curious cuz i've seen people talk about it a few times and want to know if i have some as well before wasting any embryos! Hmm, my protocal i think will be long and boring as well, bcp, lupron, progesterone and patches...not completly sure, i'm waiting on my period. It's always messed up after IVF. I had my third IVF but was at risk for OHSS so they froze all and I will start the FET process once I get AF, which should have been Monday so IMpatiently waiting. All I can say is I had every symptom possible in my past 2ww, so you really wont know the results till your beta day. I gave up testing on my own too, too many negatives, I hope you get a nice surprise Monday, trust me I know how hard this is!

How do you know if you have autoimmune issues? I am curious cuz i've seen people talk about it a few times and want to know if i have some as well before wasting any embryos! Hmm, my protocal i think will be long and boring as well, bcp, lupron, progesterone and patches...not completly sure, i'm waiting on my period. It's always messed up after IVF. I had my third IVF but was at risk for OHSS so they froze all and I will start the FET process once I get AF, which should have been Monday so IMpatiently waiting. All I can say is I had every symptom possible in my past 2ww, so you really wont know the results till your beta day. I gave up testing on my own too, too many negatives, I hope you get a nice surprise Monday, trust me I know how hard this is!

As far autoimmune - I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis about 6-7 months ago and the inflammatory process involved is considered systemic. I did not see the reproductive immunologist until June (she takes months to see as there are very few of these docs) and my work-up is pending. I will receive the results on August 9th. Autoimmune issues are actually not common, but I knew I have RA - so after three failed cycles I went looking for answers.

Sorry about the ohss, but I know a lot of women on bnb whom end up preggers from the fet they did after the OHSS. Also, after fails an endometrial biopsy can be helpful. The local injury to the lining is thought to increase implantation rates. My first fet protocol was a lot like yours.

Thank you for all the information! I actually did have a endometrial biopsy done to check for the beta 3 integrin, which when lacking can cause an embryo to not implant. I had it luckily, and I hope it helps it stick as well as you said! How is the 2ww treating u?

I had a negative beta-3 biopsy on June 1 and they had actually cancelled my cycle and then last minute my doc decided she didn't buy it and we did the fet anyway...

TWW is wrapping up for me...

Just hoping it's a sticky bean...

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 8
Congrats! I am on an immune protocol and we did an iui. BFP! Are you on lovenox, predinsone, and baby aspirin also? or did you do something else? How long will you stay on your meds?

Yep, I take 40 mg(?) Loevenox daily, I took 60 mg of Prednisone for five days before transfer than down to 20 mg a day from transfer and as long as the doctor confirms tomorrow I am indeed pregnant, I will then take 10 mg a day. These three will be continued minimally through heartbeat (I'd like to take the whole first -tri). I always take aspirin as I have the MTHFR -Mutation which makes me have hyperhomocysteinemia (considered a thrombophylia by some) - so I also take something called Mentanx. It is a special folic acid which is more bio-available becuase my body doesn't process it correctly because the MTHFR. I also took Pentoxifylline 400 mg twice daily and Vitamin E 400 mg twice daily for a month before transfer.

It all has been exhausting. I have injected and injested tens of thousands of dollars of medications in the past 6 months - and I don't even care anymore, as long as this LO makes it!

I just saw that you are in Chicago. Who are you seeing for immune? I am with chicago IVF. The head of the clinic is dr brasch. He said he used to do a lot with immune studies but focuses more on pgd testing now. It took me 4 doctors to get someone to listen to me. We didnt test for immune issues but i have endo and after 2laps, 2 failed ivfs, one chemical from a frozen transfer and two early miscarriages natural i suspected immune. I wanted to try the immune protocol with an iui before seeing kwak kim. My doctor will work with her. Luckily, this worked! I also did the vit e. Are you staying on vit e? I have heard different opinions on it. I need to talk to my doctor. Im still taking fish oil, folic acid, vit d as well. I stopped the coqu10 i was taking for egg quality. It was so expensive!

I am a Kwak-Kim patient, but ironically got pregnant from the results of her testing. Though, some of the changes are her recommendations (metanx). The high dose prednisone is for the systemic inflammation caused by my RA. My doc is Dr. Feinberg with FCI and I love her. We had actual cancelled this cycle and were devistated after a neg beta-3 biopsy and she put us back on and now tomorrow we have betas, which is very nerve racking after having had two early losses.

When are you due? From what I calculated, if this (these) beans stick, we will be due 3/31/13.

Dr. Lederer of FCI in Orland Park was my first fertility doctor. I love their River North facility for IVF. However, he blew off my endo and said it doesn't affect fertility and when I talked about immune issues, he told me the immune stuff was pretty much a bunch of crap from doctors trying to make money. So I switched to Chicago IVF. The first two doctors I talked to also blew off immune issues. I finally got in to see the head of Chicago IVF and he actually listened to me. I am due March 29. My third beta came back great today at 997! Everything is looking really good and I am finally feeling hopeful that after 2 years of trying, we can give our daughter a sibling. She just turned 3. We conceived her on clomid because my LP was short and my cycles were off. Never did I imagine that it would be so hard to have another one.

Oh, also- are you still on vit e? It seems very controversial. I have a phone consult with my doctor on wednesday and I will ask him about it, but I never told him I was on it to begin with. I pretty much self-prescribed all of my over the counter vitamins based on reading a lot of people's experiences with immune protocol. I'm so scared to go off of any of the medicines.

I meant, ironically I got pregnant BEFORE I got the results of Dr. Kwak-Kim's work-up. Now, I am scared because my RA is flaring and I don't want to wean off Prednisone, so doc is going to leave it for now. I was told to stop Vitamin E - last dose day before transfer. I can tell my doc doesn't love the whole immune side of things but she tolerates my concerns and has prescribed appropriate meds. What more can ask for?

Beta was 119 today, 15 dpo. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->