Any ladies in Northern ireland?..re..private scans

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by NikkiM, Apr 22, 2009.

1. NikkiM

NikkiM Pregnant 3rd Trimester

They wont tell you the sex at my hospital so I am looking into paying for one:hissy:...

But I have rang 2 clinics.. one didnt do just the sexing scan and charge £200 I dont wont a 3d/4d scan as I think it spoils the surprise as to what baby looks like, one did the sexing scan but charged £150 WTH!!!!!:cry: I dont mind paying but I have seen in Uk you can get them for £75!! why charge so much here?

Any ladies from co. down or the likes know of anywhere I could get one a ikkle bit cheaper? as I say I am not mean and would pay if have I have to but I think it's a bit steep as I did have a 4d scan with my little boy who's now 4, at the same clinic they are charging £150 for just the sexing scan,, and the 4d scan was only £175 4 years ago ahhhhhh This will be my 7th baby, My eldest is a girl and the rest boys.. I like to find out to be prepared with clothes ect...

anybody help ikkle old me??:help:

many many thanks's:hugs:

2. lalitas charm

lalitas charm Mummy to Bethan & Piplet

Hiya, I'm in N.I. I flit between Antrim and Lisburn. My hospital doesn't tell you the sex either but thats ok with me as this is my first. Well done with this being no.7!! That is amazing!!

I'm not sure of the prices but I know that 323 lisburn road do them and there is the Malone clinic. I've heard mixed reports about the Malone Clinic. I dont think that there are many other private places over here to be honest. I have to say I agree with you that the prices you have been quoted are a bit steep!! The other option is to see if there are any places in Glasgow and arrange a wee romantic overnight stay and have it done while you are there. Translink do very reasonable bus/ferry/hotel packages (my DH is scottish so we use these regularly)

Good Luck and let me know how you get on.

3. NikkiM

Oh I just emailed the malone clinic... are they not good??

I'll try the other one you mentioned also.. thanks :hugs:

I'll post back when I hear some ahemmm good news hehe.. (cheaper scans) lol.. or so I hope:thumbup:

4. lalitas charm

The thing with the Malone Clinic was that another girl on here told me that when they went the sonographer was pretty rude to them and even though they told her that they didn't want to know the sex of the baby she actually printed them a picture of that area of the baby............ This girl was also left with some internal bruising as the sonographer was so rough with her. I know it has put me off going there. My DH can't make it to the 20 week scan with me as he will be away for work so I was going to take him to a private clinic as a wee surprise but I dont think that I will use them after hearing that.

I hope you hear of a cheaper scan!!

5. NikkiM

ohhh the malone clinic has now been dismissed!!! thanks hun... :hugs:
    I'm trying to look for the 323 lisburn road one online but cant seem to find it grrrr... you dont have the number by chance do you?

My dh will be missing my 20 weeks scan also (or should i say 23 week scan) as if you dont book it asap you get seen later! (I booked mine the day of my booking in app!!):hissy:

6. lalitas charm

Ooops it is 352...... sorry!! These are the details..........

3fivetwoHEALTHCARE3fivetwo HEALTHCARE
    Write a review
    Medical Imaging Centre
    6 Lisburn Road, Belfast, BT9 6AA
    028 9066 4352‎

I had to book my 20 week scan at my consultant appointment and the woman in radiology said "they dont really want you here at 20 weeks they want you here at 21 weeks". this was even though my consultant had written on the card that they wanted me in at 20 weeks. I dont mind but thought it was a bit odd.

Good Luck with the scan info!!

7. NikkiM

Thanks... I've just emailed them, if i dont hear anything I shall ring..:thumbup:

8. BABYCAREY

BABYCAREY mummy to a angel

hi!! I saw your post and wanted to ask you if you had went for the 4d scan? Do you mind me asking how it was,was it expensive?how long did it take?this is my 4th pregnancy and my last so i really want to do this,never get the chance to again!!thank you very much

9. NikkiM

hey!
    Yes I went for one at 24 weeks..
    It was expensive at £210 and to be honest i should have waited until 28 weeks but was lovley to see baby and to know the gender..

I went to hillsbourgh for mine :)

10. Stilletto_Sam

Stilletto_Sam 3 Teenagers + 1 Toddler.

Hi!

I'm from Co Down area. Are you booked into the Ulster Hospital by any chance? I had my 20 week scan there last week and although there are signs everywhere telling you that they won't scan for the gender and not to ask, my husband did and we were told what we're having. It all depends on the sonographer on the day I think and the manner in which you ask! Another local girl on the forum here did the same at the Ulster and she was told as well. If you want any further info then feel free to Pm me. I am booked into 3five2 Medical for a 4D scan in September, but it's a birthday present from Hubs, otherwise I wouldn't fork out £240 for a scan when I know the baby's healthy!

Good luck!

XXX

11. jenny82

jenny82 Well-Known Member

I was going to go to the Ulster but chose the royal instead. Am so glad now as I'd heard they won't tell you the sex!!

I had looked into a private scan but they really take the piss over here. With there only being a few places that do it, they can pretty much charge what they want, and they do! I just couldn't justify spending that kinda money. I had looked into that 352 place and heard good recommendations though..

12. MiissDior

MiissDior Mommy of 3(1 in heaven)

Hi there
    am from just south of newry
    dunno if your interested but theres a clinic in swords NORTH dublin (40-50min from Dundalk)
    and they do everythin , early pregnancy, gender scan and also 4D ..

price in Euro now
    iv a private booked for 13+4 and costs 120 euro

Gender scan only 130.euro thatsonly abou 100-110 STG

heres link for you
    https://www.babyscan.ie/pages/prices

on the contact form the lady called RITA shes lovely xx

13. crystal02

crystal02 New Member

Hi to you all, Im new to this and not sure how it works!! Im just wondering if any of you have heard of a Mr Timonthy mcCormack who is a consultant at Craigavon Area Hospital? Ive decided to go private with this pregnancy and this is who has been recommended to me!!

Im going for my 1st scan with Mr Heasley but hes retiring and Mr McCormack is who he is telling me to go with..

Looking forward to hearing what you think!!

xxx:::thumbup:

14. tinytoes1904

tinytoes1904 Well-Known Member

Sorry cant help with that chick. I know there is Dr Fogarty who does private clinic in Crawfordsburn, but dont know about going private with the hospital - is this not just consultant led care but your gonna be charged for it? Will they not just give it to you instead of shared care?
    How far on are you :happydance: Good luck :thumbup:

15. YoungMummi

YoungMummi Well-Known Member

Hey Everyone - Babybond has a clinic in Belfast and Iv heard some fab reviews on them. Its £97 for a normal 2d scan with a 4d "freeview" which is just a wee glimpse of baby usin 4d depending on their position; and a 4d basic package is £139. Theyr the cheapest I could find. Go on their website for more pricelists and packages :) xxx

16. YoungMummi

YoungMummi Well-Known Member

P.s. sorry just realised this thread is ancient lol so sorry, but hopefully will be of help from anyone considerin 4d from now on xx

17. paula727

paula727 Well-Known Member

YoungMummi this helped me :) thanks x