Any ladies planned on/have used Hypnobirthing techniques during an induction?

TriChick

Mom-Wife-Triathlete:)
Reaction score
After riding the intervention cascade with DS, I have had my heart set on using hypnosis techniques in this delivery. I was very unhappy with the amount of interventions I had last time (my water broke naturally at 38+5 and was told to go to the hospital as soon as I could), and was admittedly too naive to understand that one medicine usually leads to 3 more to stimulate artificial labor. This time around, I was determined to use the Hypnobabies program to help me through an unmedicated as I believe that it is the safest for both LO and myself.

Unfortunately, my new doctor called last week to tell me that they found two blood clotting disorders in my lab work and therefore I have to be on daily blood thinner injections. Because of this, she and my new perinatalogist are going to conduct an amniocentesis at 36 weeks to check lung development, and then most likely induce as soon as I am 37 weeks to avoid the potential of late-term demise.

Does anyone have experience with using hypno techniques during a planned induction? I'm hang on to hope that I can still use the program and have it be effective.

I have started using natal hypnotherapy this time, because like you, I had too many interventions last time and ended with a csection. I am determined to have a different outcome with this birth. I also have MTHFR, but am not currently on the heparin injections, but my doctor my change his mind. I do take folate, not folic acid and a daily baby asprin. At the end, my dr will do twice weekly biophysical profiles to monitor growth and I think will let me get to 41 weeks if everything looks good and with a vbac. But, I am worried that I will be induced and am hoping that the program will still be helpful.

It's nice to see I'm not the only one in this situation, as crappy as it may be! I have both MTHFR and Lupus Anticoagulant, which is why she has me on both the injections, folate, and baby aspirin. Crazy, I never even knew I had it until she ran the tests (she does as a precaution for all of her patients). I really hope that the program works for both of us, I think if anything it may help me focus on the calming aspects of my pregnancy instead of the scary parts:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->