Any ladies starting first IUI in January?? Buddies Please..TTC 13 cycles

So weird. Iui today and no cramps. Last iui was terrible. I wonder why its so different. On a good note... I had 4 and a half follicles :) half because one was only 14mm and they said it was too small to count. So here's hoping lol my doctor said out of 13 million guys, there's a good chance theyll find 4 eggs. Haha and more chance of multiples. Im completely fine with that at this point.
That is strange that you aren't having cramps either. Maybe our bodies are adjusting to the meds and iui. I have had a little cramping today, but nothing like last time. I am at 3dpiui today.

That is great you had so many follicles! Sounds like you have very good odds! Our wash was around 13 million too. How much clomid are you taking? I am taking 50mg and have only had two follicles each time, but I think they cancel the iui if i have more than three, so two is probably a safe place to be at my clinic.

Sounds like you both had great IUIs this time! I was hoping for at least 2, but I guess if it does work, I have no chance for multiples this time. My son started as a twin from IUI. Although, the thought of twins again was making me both nervous and excited...

Sounds like your sperm washes also went well. That is my biggest worry. We ended up at 9 million and only 60% motility which is quite low for a wash (it is around 35% pre-wash, but they said they can usually get it up to 80%). Isn't this all so stressful??

Sounds like you both had great IUIs this time! I was hoping for at least 2, but I guess if it does work, I have no chance for multiples this time. My son started as a twin from IUI. Although, the thought of twins again was making me both nervous and excited...

Sounds like your sperm washes also went well. That is my biggest worry. We ended up at 9 million and only 60% motility which is quite low for a wash (it is around 35% pre-wash, but they said they can usually get it up to 80%). Isn't this all so stressful??
I think my doctor said anything above 5 million is good and you have had one success already. All the numbers and tests are stressful and it really is hard to to worry about each little detail.

So I have a little rant coming on. I apologize ahead of time. I really feel like I have been doing well this cycle. Less crying, less stress and just more zen like. Then I walk downstairs to get the mail and there is a baby crib that has been delivered for our new neighbors on the top floor :( My heart just sank and it honestly still feels like it is in my stomach. Trying to hold back tears. It is going to be so hard running into my pregnant neighbor in the stairwell this summer or hearing a crying baby in the hall, but maybe we will get lucky in the near future and I won't have to worry about bumping into them!

So weird. Iui today and no cramps. Last iui was terrible. I wonder why its so different. On a good note... I had 4 and a half follicles :) half because one was only 14mm and they said it was too small to count. So here's hoping lol my doctor said out of 13 million guys, there's a good chance theyll find 4 eggs. Haha and more chance of multiples. Im completely fine with that at this point.
That is strange that you aren't having cramps either. Maybe our bodies are adjusting to the meds and iui. I have had a little cramping today, but nothing like last time. I am at 3dpiui today.

That is great you had so many follicles! Sounds like you have very good odds! Our wash was around 13 million too. How much clomid are you taking? I am taking 50mg and have only had two follicles each time, but I think they cancel the iui if i have more than three, so two is probably a safe place to be at my clinic.

I was on 100mg. -and try not to be upset... I know easier said than done. But I have a good feeling about all of our round 2's. I bet you and your neighbor will be having play dates next summer :)

Also... on the verge of tmi..
What did all of your doctors recommend on intercourse after iui? Mine said later that night after iui, the next day then every other day to get as much sperm to the site as possible lol
Im worried because if thats the case, dh and I didn't get the deed done that night because of opposite schedules. Think that it really effects it? :/

Also... on the verge of tmi..
What did all of your doctors recommend on intercourse after iui? Mine said later that night after iui, the next day then every other day to get as much sperm to the site as possible lol
Im worried because if thats the case, dh and I didn't get the deed done that night because of opposite schedules. Think that it really effects it? :/
That would be really awesome to have a playdate right upstairs. I actually bumped into our neighbor today (they just moved in a month or so ago) and she is pretty big. I think they will be having the baby soon.

I am sure you are fine. I heard two separate things from two different nurses. One said night of and day after. The other said night of if we want, but the iui should be good enough and then the next day. We are also supposed to dtd the day before the trigger. I wasn't told to dtd every other day after the iui.

How many iui's do you ladies plan to do? We were told to do 3 and then schedule an ivf consultation at the start of iui #3. I really don't want to do IVF and think we should give the iui a shot for a longer period of time. I was thinking maybe 6 iui's if my RE will let us, but I don't know if you can be on fertility meds for 6 cycles in a row.

Well obviously we all hope 2 iui's will be enough lol I know we definitely cannot afford ivf. Its 14 grand at our clinic. But I imagine id probably do 6 as well if they let me.

We were told to only do one or two IUIs before moving on, but we paid for three to give it a really good shot. $14000 is so expensive! I called the fertility clinic in NY state and they now accommodate Canadians by allowing them to monitor at a private clinic at home and only travelling for the procedure. Their rates are amazing (I cannot remember the price for one, but you can do three for $9500).

As for dtd after iui--the one that worked for us, we didn't do anything after the iui (cannot remember exactly why) until it was too late. So you never know!

I think it is so unfair how expensive ivf is. Well infertility is unfair! Fortunately for us my husband has really good insurance and we are covered, so we don't have to pay as much out of pocket for ivf if it comes to that. I haven't even looked into how much ivf would cost at our clinic and hopefully we don't have to! 3 for $9500 sounds like a steal!

How are you ladies feeling? I feel absolutely as normal as can be. Still no cramping other than the little bit I had a couple of days ago. I am really surprised by how different this cycle is compared to the last. I don't think it means anything.

Im 3dpiui and yes this 2nd cycle is way different. No cramping up until yesterday then had an hour of period like cramping.. not the iui cramping. It s a different sensation for me. But after that hour, nothing. Today though... im emotional as hell. Its awful. Such a bad day for it lol

Im 3dpiui and yes this 2nd cycle is way different. No cramping up until yesterday then had an hour of period like cramping.. not the iui cramping. It s a different sensation for me. But after that hour, nothing. Today though... im emotional as hell. Its awful. Such a bad day for it lol
Sorry you are feeling emotional. I had one of those days a few days ago.

Nothing happening here either- no cramps, no twinges...nothing! I'm trying not to think anything of it though. I am 8dpiui now, I'm starting to get anxious to test. Any of you feeling the same?

Nothing happening here either- no cramps, no twinges...nothing! I'm trying not to think anything of it though. I am 8dpiui now, I'm starting to get anxious to test. Any of you feeling the same?

Im not anxious at all yet. But im sure it'll hit me the week of testing. Trying to be positive though. With your first little one, that was from a successful iui right? Did you have any idea before you tested that you were pregnant?

Glad you are feeling calm still at this point about testing:) My son is from my second IUI. Not sure if you are on progesterone, but I have been on it with every cycle, and learned the hard way with my first cycle that it makes you feel pregnant and delays your period. So after the second cycle, I tested about 12-3dpiui and it was negative. I was so upset and emotional, but for some reason, I decided to test the next day to double check and it was positive. It can definitely be a bit of a roller coaster.

And my first symptom was being emotional...I started tearing up over every little thing, including sappy commercials. So that could be a good sign for you:)

Ladies do you mind if I join in on your thread? I've just started the process of IUI. I'm waiting to see my testosterone levels. They were high about two years ago but I've lost 100lbs so I'm hoping that has helped. I just got my AMH level back today at 5.1. They said that was good. If my test. Levels are high I have to do a round of BCP and then recheck the levels before starting meds for IUI. I'm so anxious and nervous. We've been on this TTC roller coaster for almost 4 years now.

Welcome fluterby429!! Your weight loss is AMAZING! Did you follow a specific program?? I'm trying to lose some weight before trying IVF (if the IUI doesn't work).

Sorry to hear you have been through so much for such a long time. That must be so tough. Hoping your results are good and you can start the IUI!

Hi Fluterby429! Definitely welcome to join. Congrats on the weight loss. That is very impressive!

Little update: Cramps started late on Friday night and were really bad yesterday at 8dpiui. Today isn't as bad. Trying so hard not to get my hopes up that it might be from implantation, but I am not succeeding at the moment haha! This is going to be a long week! How is everybody else holding up? Ange you will be testing soon right?

Thanks for the welcome!

I hope you are having implantation cramps. Oh the wait is killer.

I had weight loss surgery in April of last year. I had VSG. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself.

So the IUI didn't work:( 6dpiui I had the tiniest bit of light pink spotting which I thought was possibly implantation bleeding. Yesterday (11dpiui) I foolishly took a test and saw the faintest of lines got my hopes right up. Tonight, I started bleeding despite being on progesterone. And after I kept telling myself to stop analysing every little thing and to not test so early...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->