Any ladies starting first IUI in January?? Buddies Please..TTC 13 cycles

I go in for my ultrasound tomorrow and hopefully everything is good to go for our iui on Saturday! I have been having some pains on my right ovary so hopefully I didn't o early!

I go in for my ultrasound tomorrow and hopefully everything is good to go for our iui on Saturday! I have been having some pains on my right ovary so hopefully I didn't o early!

Good luck! My ultrasound is Monday, hopefully we both get good news! :)

Thanks Jenny! Wishing you the best as well.

I went in today and only had one follicle. I thought that was strange since I have had two the past couple of tries, but maybe my body is getting used to the clomid. Our IUI is tomorrow morning. Not feeling too confident this round. We also missed dtd yesterday because dh was in Atlanta on business, but I am sure it wouldn't have made any difference. I also was supposed to get a call from my RE today to schedule my IVF consultation, but she never called. My paperwork says to schedule the consultation during the 3rd iui cycle, but like I said before I hope she will be ok with adding one or two more iui cycles. I also need her to write more prescriptions for clomid or whatever we think to try next. Anybody ever use femara? Should I just request to try injectables instead of switching to femara? I have read that femara and clomid are basically the same, but I have heard of a lot of women having success with femara. I think I am over clomid though. Ready to try something different in the next cycle.

Ange, how are you holding up this cycle?

IUI was this morning and it was awful! I had a different nurse than the past two cycles and I don't think she knew what she was doing. She kept poking the catheter around and couldn't get it in. The other nurse would do it instantly, but this lady was fumbling around and I could tell she was getting frustrated and started blaming me for not drinking anything. I actually had an entire glass of milk earlier that morning, so I don't know what else she expected me to do. Now I am spotting, crampy and cranky after that experience. I've read that spotting can happen so hopefully that is ok. I told dh I am going to laugh if this is the cycle that takes, because everything is off to a bad start I feel.

Fingers crossed for this round kscar! Too bad you had a bad experience though...but maybe the fact that everything was so different this time is a good sign just like you said. The last ultrasounds tech reminded me that it only takes one follicle when I was upset about only having once!

I'm doing OK, but to be honest I'm already feeling out even though I am only 5dpiui. I feel absolutely nothing. No cramping, no twinges...just feeling totally normal. I know it is still early and maybe I am just trying to protect myself from disappointment, but I am just not feeling too positive. I am going to schedule my IVF appointment right away if this one doesn't work. Because I am off in the summer, I want to make sure I get in on time.

How is everyone doing this weekend? I just came back from a little cross-border shopping with DH. It was only for a night, but it was nice to get out and relax!

Kscar I hope this one works for you. Tomorrow I'll start AF (pink cm today) so right on time and that is the start of the BCP round. I'll be taking Femera with injectables and hcg trigger for my IUI. I don't feel hopeful about the whole thing but dh wants to try once so I will. I'd rather do the IVF this summer.

It only takes one :)
So keeping my fingers crossed for you!
So funny about the fact that since everything started out bad gives us more hope. The exact same thing is happening to us! Dh and I have been arguing more about this round and then they couldn't get me scheduled for the ultrasound to where dh could come with me, then they had absolutely NO available times for iui the next day so I had to schedule at their sister clinic which is an hour and a half away out of the state. And its at 830 am. I'm not happy about it at all.. But what can I do. And dh doesn't even get home from work til after 11pm the night before. Its going to be one frustrating week I feel. So with it being at a new clinic, I won't have my same nurse. Makes me extremely nervous. So here's hoping all these differences mark the change we need.

Thanks ladies! It will be funny if the clown nurse iui is the one that works haha.

As far as one egg goes I told dh that maybe it is a super fertile high quality egg instead of two normal ones. I mean that medicine had to be doing something!

My weekend was pretty uneventful other than the iui.

Fluterby have you taken femara before? Try and stay positive as hard as that might be at times. We have already had one iui success on this thread and I am sure we will get more. I just think it takes longer for some.

Jenny, I am so sorry you had such a difficult time scheduling your iui. That sounds like a big mess! Hopefully you won't have to miss too much work. Dh and I were actually arguing yesterday while I was laying on the table for 15 minutes after the iui about his numbers lol. He had 40 million yesterday and before it was around 13 for the other cycles, but he claims it has always been more. I am certain it was 13 and 15 million before. Maybe having the new clinic/nurse will be just what you need to get that bfp and all I need is a clown nurse hehe.

Do you ladies think I should start a new thread with a different title since this one is titled for January? Would you move over to the new thread? I guess some of us might be moving onto ivf, too. Maybe it could be an assisted conception thread to include all of us.

40 million is awesome! :)
Things have done a 180 on my end :) Dh got the day off so he went with me to my scan today. And they had an opening for our iui at normal clinic location tomorrow :) So I'm a pretty happy lady today. On top of the fact that I had 3 big eggs and 2 little ones so a total of 5! That's gotta be good for chances right?? I'm too optimistic right now lol

Kscar I've never taken Femera. I've only dome clomid.

Jenny super exciting. I think 5 gives you great odds

40 million is awesome! :)
Things have done a 180 on my end :) Dh got the day off so he went with me to my scan today. And they had an opening for our iui at normal clinic location tomorrow :) So I'm a pretty happy lady today. On top of the fact that I had 3 big eggs and 2 little ones so a total of 5! That's gotta be good for chances right?? I'm too optimistic right now lol
Jenny that is great news and yes you do have very good odds this cycle! 5 eggies in impressive! Good luck tomorrow!

Kscar I've never taken Femera. I've only dome clomid.

Jenny super exciting. I think 5 gives you great odds
I have a consultation with my RE in a couple of weeks to discuss other iui options and IVF. I think I am going to bring up femara and see if she thinks that would be a good option for us. I also talked with my RE today over the phone and she suggested we move to ivf after 3 iui cycles (I guess she said odds aren't very good after 3 or 4 failed attempts), but I asked her if she would be ok if we do a couple more iui's and she said that is perfectly fine. It would be so awesome if an iui would work out for us and we could skip ivf! Plus I have read about so many bfps from 4th, 6th and 8th iui attempts so anything is possible! Trying to stay hopefully about this 3rd iui :)

Good luck today Jenny! 5 eggs is amazing!

That is great that your doctor gave you the go ahead for a couple of more IUI cycles before jumping into IVF. You're right, I have heard a lot more success stories after a few IUIs than the first attempt. My doctor mentioned the same thing (chances decreasing after a few failed ones), but I am confused about why that is the case. Wouldn't it depend on how many eggs/good sperm? I always thought that each cycle is a fresh start, just like a natural cycle.

My RE will cancel my IUI if I have more than 3. I'm assuming I could still go home and bd and have some chance right?

Kscar have you only done clomid IUI's, no gonadotropins? We are going straight to the Femera and injectables. Per my RE he prefers Femera over clomid because clomid is so harsh on your lining. He will base how much injectables I need by my AMH number. I'm assuming my 5.1 is good meaning I'll need less meds than someone with a 1.0. I'm kinda still learning about all that.

Thanks ladies!
iui went good this morning. Dh is feeling more optimistic about this one too so hopefully that helps lol this was probably the most uncomfortable one though. Now I have a five hour drive starting my trip with the mother in law. Gonna be a crampy ride lol I'm wondering if ibuprofen would be okay.. Idk I'm not one to like to take meds ever and I don't want it to hurt my chances.

My RE will cancel my IUI if I have more than 3. I'm assuming I could still go home and bd and have some chance right?

Kscar have you only done clomid IUI's, no gonadotropins? We are going straight to the Femera and injectables. Per my RE he prefers Femera over clomid because clomid is so harsh on your lining. He will base how much injectables I need by my AMH number. I'm assuming my 5.1 is good meaning I'll need less meds than someone with a 1.0. I'm kinda still learning about all that.
Just clomid. I have never had my lining checked either, but I assume it is fine since af is still just as heavy as ever. I'm not taking progesterone either.

My RE cancels if I have more than 3 follicles as well, but I have only had 2 the past two cycles and one this cycle. I assume I am responding well enough to the clomid at 50mg that she doesn't want to up to dosage and risk more than 3 follicles and canceling an iui. I am still going to ask about injectables or some other medication for our next iui, but hopefully this one works!

We have the same AMH levels. Mine was 5.2, which is good, but my FSH was scary high the first time they tested me. It was 11.7 and I am only 27, so that number freaks me out. I was worried about pre ovarian failure, but my doctor said she wasn't concerned since I had a high amh level. I hope she knows what she is talking about and my ovaries aren't actually failing me and I am wasting time with IUIs. I started taking maca root and some other supplements and lowered my number to 9.5, but I guess they want me under 10. I have heard some clinics won't treat you if your FSH is higher than 10 or 12 which I think is really unfair. My doctor seems more interested in AMH numbers than FSH, but that could be because of my age.

My estrogen was really high as well. I think 80 and it is supposed to be under 40. I was able to lower that to 54 though with the supplements.

Thanks ladies!
iui went good this morning. Dh is feeling more optimistic about this one too so hopefully that helps lol this was probably the most uncomfortable one though. Now I have a five hour drive starting my trip with the mother in law. Gonna be a crampy ride lol I'm wondering if ibuprofen would be okay.. Idk I'm not one to like to take meds ever and I don't want it to hurt my chances.
Glad everything went smoothly and you are feeling more hopeful this round.

Did you end up going to St. Louis yet?

Glad you and dh are more hopeful this round Jenny! Positivity goes a long way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->