Any ladies starting first IUI in January?? Buddies Please..TTC 13 cycles

Claire- yes they only have me come in Cd 2 or 3 them they change the med dates because I keep falling on a Sunday IUI. They have me come in on CD 13 instead of their normal 12 and then IUI 2 days later. It's annoying. I'm glad I'm going on CD 11 this time. Worst case the follies are too small and we need to wait a day or two. The nurse is trying to miss Mother's Day for the IUI. It may be that day and I don't care as long as the timing is right, sorry for them but I can't help it
That is quite irritating! All 3 of my IUI cycles were on Saturday. I kind of wonder if I wasn't getting as good of treatment as I would if I had the IUI through the weekday. Do what you have to do and don't feel bad about it!

My last one was a Saturday and I was the only the patient in the clinic and they had more time to talk me through it. My iui has been on day 15 both times (no hsg shot.) I always worry it's going to fall on a Sunday as the clinic is closed. Part of the reason I left out this cycle was that we have 2 bank holidays this month in England and I would have been stressing about it falling over a bank holiday weekend.

My IUI was on day 15 and trigger on day 13. I'm hoping going a couple of days earlier we can catch my follies smaller. They will do the IUI on Sunday they just don't want to. I don't blame them but I'm spending lots of $ and they should do what is best IMO.
My meds showed up today with the 5 needles for the menopur that I canceled but no menopur or the gonal f. I was in a panic. They promise it will be here by tomorrow because that's when I start the injections.

My IUI was on day 15 and trigger on day 13. I'm hoping going a couple of days earlier we can catch my follies smaller. They will do the IUI on Sunday they just don't want to. I don't blame them but I'm spending lots of $ and they should do what is best IMO.
My meds showed up today with the 5 needles for the menopur that I canceled but no menopur or the gonal f. I was in a panic. They promise it will be here by tomorrow because that's when I start the injections.

Ugh! I would be in a panic too! Hope they arrive on time.

I hope they do too! I hate all this stressing about medication. I had a nightmare ordering mine, you'd think that it could be made simple. I have to have my delivered but I'm at work and couldn't have it delivered there so I have to ring back on Tuesday, plus they couldn't see my order on the computer. I'm going to suggest that they get sent to the clinic and I collect them from there. The lady on the phone asked when my day one was going to be. Hang on a little minute I'll just have a word with my unpredictable body! Sorry for the mini rant.Yes I feel your frustration, your delivery must arrive tomorrow!! Xx

Yay! So happy you got your meds on time.

Best of luck in this next IUI cycle!

So I had my IVF registration today. It was a grueling 4 hours long! The shot class was pretty overwhelming, but I tried my hardest to take as many notes as I could even though the nurse was speeding along. I also have a chart to follow though and they said they would call me on the days that I needed to change the protocol and such.

We then sat down with our doctor and filled out some paperwork along with answering some questions. The main concern I had was a possibility of me having Endo and I am worried I should have that checked out/removed before IVF, but the Dr. said there is no need for that with todays technology. She said that is an old school of thought and that we can look into the laparoscopy if we have a couple of failed IVF attempts.

After that we met with a psychiatrist and I really liked her. She gave us some great ways to cope with the upcoming stresses of IVF and gave some good advice to dh on how he can be a good support for me.

Then I sat down with the IVF nurse coordinator and she set up a rough timeline for our IVF. I am a little worried though, because they typically have you on bc for 21 days, but I will be on it for almost 5-6 weeks due to our cruise interfering with the schedule, but the nurse said it is fine to be on the bc longer. I guess I just take a full pack and then go straight into another pack. So It looks like I will start bc around May 16th if af is on time, we will do the egg retrieval around the 4th of July and then embryo transfer 3-5 days after the egg retrieval.

I am getting really excited to have a plan in place and this is really starting to become real! I should probably move over the an IVF thread, but I really enjoy talking with you ladies.

I'm so excited for you!!! I know how good a plan feels too. I like to map things out. If you move over to an IVF thread, I understand but please keep us posted on your progress. :) EXCITING

Claire- yes they only have me come in Cd 2 or 3 them they change the med dates because I keep falling on a Sunday IUI. They have me come in on CD 13 instead of their normal 12 and then IUI 2 days later. It's annoying. I'm glad I'm going on CD 11 this time. Worst case the follies are too small and we need to wait a day or two. The nurse is trying to miss Mother's Day for the IUI. It may be that day and I don't care as long as the timing is right, sorry for them but I can't help it
That is quite irritating! All 3 of my IUI cycles were on Saturday. I kind of wonder if I wasn't getting as good of treatment as I would if I had the IUI through the weekday. Do what you have to do and don't feel bad about it!
VERY irritating! I agree, you are the one spending the $. The business they are in they should have to work a few weekends for the sake of the patients! I consider myself lucky, My Doc is open when he needs to be there, weekend or not. I hope everything goes well and the follies are where they need to be hun. I'll be thinking of you!

So I had my IVF registration today. It was a grueling 4 hours long! The shot class was pretty overwhelming, but I tried my hardest to take as many notes as I could even though the nurse was speeding along. I also have a chart to follow though and they said they would call me on the days that I needed to change the protocol and such.

We then sat down with our doctor and filled out some paperwork along with answering some questions. The main concern I had was a possibility of me having Endo and I am worried I should have that checked out/removed before IVF, but the Dr. said there is no need for that with todays technology. She said that is an old school of thought and that we can look into the laparoscopy if we have a couple of failed IVF attempts.

After that we met with a psychiatrist and I really liked her. She gave us some great ways to cope with the upcoming stresses of IVF and gave some good advice to dh on how he can be a good support for me.

Then I sat down with the IVF nurse coordinator and she set up a rough timeline for our IVF. I am a little worried though, because they typically have you on bc for 21 days, but I will be on it for almost 5-6 weeks due to our cruise interfering with the schedule, but the nurse said it is fine to be on the bc longer. I guess I just take a full pack and then go straight into another pack. So It looks like I will start bc around May 16th if af is on time, we will do the egg retrieval around the 4th of July and then embryo transfer 3-5 days after the egg retrieval.

I am getting really excited to have a plan in place and this is really starting to become real! I should probably move over the an IVF thread, but I really enjoy talking with you ladies.
Sounds like you have everything in place! I wouldn't worry about being on the pill for longer that 3 weeks, I have had to take mine continuously between cycles too. Just keeps your ovaries at rest, so all the little follies are just hanging out, waiting. :) Enjoy the summer and esp the cruise! I'm sure you will be busy with wedding season upon us too. When you move to the IVF threads, keep me posted or just inbox me on FB. I don't want to lose track of you girl!! Wishing you al the best as always and tons of :dust: :dust: :dust: xo

here's my follies Right 24.30, 22.96 and 16.30 Left 24.13 and 20.80. The nurse said she'd have to call the doctor to see what he wanted to do because even the 16 has potential to be fully matured by Saturday. I figured she call back and say it was a no go, but he said if we want to proceed he'll do it. My husband is sooo excited, I'm a bit nervous! We have to be there on Sat morning. Trigger is tonight. Fx'd

Sounds like you have everything in place! I wouldn't worry about being on the pill for longer that 3 weeks, I have had to take mine continuously between cycles too. Just keeps your ovaries at rest, so all the little follies are just hanging out, waiting. :) Enjoy the summer and esp the cruise! I'm sure you will be busy with wedding season upon us too. When you move to the IVF threads, keep me posted or just inbox me on FB. I don't want to lose track of you girl!! Wishing you al the best as always and tons of :dust: :dust: :dust: xo
Thanks! Oh I am not leaving this thread lol. I just might start or find an IVF one as well. So glad to hear that you have been on bc longer than 21 days as well. I was really worried about that. What medication are you on? I will be taking Gonal-F, Menopur and Lupron.

here's my follies Right 24.30, 22.96 and 16.30 Left 24.13 and 20.80. The nurse said she'd have to call the doctor to see what he wanted to do because even the 16 has potential to be fully matured by Saturday. I figured she call back and say it was a no go, but he said if we want to proceed he'll do it. My husband is sooo excited, I'm a bit nervous! We have to be there on Sat morning. Trigger is tonight. Fx'd
Yikes! That is a lot of eggs. I never new the sizes of mine, but it sounds promising.

Over 20 million swimmers (that's the only amount they check for) and over 70% motility. IUI went in well. FX'd for A BABY!

So is under 20million bad? We were always around 13 or 15 and they said that was good? I was told anything under 5 million was bad. Just curious, because I always felt that number was low and worried that may indeed be our problem.

Glad to hear all went well and wishing you a bfp in the very near future!

She has always told us that 20 million and above is optimal and that's what they like to see considering an average sperm sample should have 80-120 mil pre wash but idk because I've seen much lower numbers and it be fine.

Thanks for that info. I think every clinic is different.

So I need to avoid my Facebook wall today. Too many Mother's Day postings. This time last year I told dh I would be a mommy by this Mother's Day and yet again I sit in an empty condo. I think I am going to treat myself today and go clothes shopping for my cruise haha!!

Kscar I felt the same when it was English Mother's Day:-( sometimes all you can do is shop.

Just took my first clomid. Iui number 3 here we go! Lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->