Any March mummies left (30 March)?

GeorgeyGal

Reaction score
Anyone else 41 weeks +? There was a similar thread I was posting on but that seems to have fizzled out, feels like Im the only one left now! Im feeling quite floaty and sickly today but no cramps after having them off and on for a week. Feels like bubs will never come! Im still holding out for a natural home waterbirth so potentially still a week to go x

i was due 31st march an baby is still hanging on in there :( really fed up now and just want baby here.

aww not me but hope yous meet your babys very soon xxx

I think the toughest part is not knowing when, when really if you think about it we've only got a week at the most! I have been getting more cramps this arvo but the same as the past week. I have midwife tomoza but going to hold out on any sweeps/inductions and just wait. Im lucky as my midwife is at the clinic at the end of my road and she has a scanner so wont have to go to hospi for health scans, she does one each time I visit which is amazing! Im going to try and just think ahead to 42 weeks, I wish the EDD was 42 weeks so we wouldnt feel this way!

<---- Still waiting, will be 41 weeks tomorrow.

:cry:

Bad day today, very emotional and feel like she's never going to come out.
Starting to doubt if there is even a baby in my stomach :haha:

And btw, I won't get induced even after 42 weeks, I'll get an ultrasound every 5 days to see if everythings still working properly.. Think she'll let me go 10 days after 42 weeks.

And btw, I won't get induced even after 42 weeks, I'll get an ultrasound every 5 days to see if everythings still working properly.. Think she'll let me go 10 days after 42 weeks.

How can they let you go that long? I've never heard of that. I hope you go soon. :)

How can they let you go that long? I've never heard of that. I hope you go soon. :)

Why not? If everything is still fine and healthy? :shrug:

aww, hope you overdue March mummies get to meet your lo's soon :) sending lots of labour :dust: your way

Im in exactly the same boat Lilly! Im 41 wks tomoza as well (ticker is slightly out) got my midwife appointment as well, I bet she'll be shocked when I decline a sweep/induction date as she seems to do them as practise, as in last week she tried to call the hospital to book me in for an induction without even asking me, I just sat there gobsmacked! I would have kicked off if she had actually got hold of someone to book it! Strange as Im having a homebirth and she attends them all the time you would have though she would have been more encouraging, I guess she's just used to the majority not questioning it.

Im in exactly the same boat Lilly! Im 41 wks tomoza as well (ticker is slightly out) got my midwife appointment as well, I bet she'll be shocked when I decline a sweep/induction date as she seems to do them as practise, as in last week she tried to call the hospital to book me in for an induction without even asking me, I just sat there gobsmacked! I would have kicked off if she had actually got hold of someone to book it! Strange as Im having a homebirth and she attends them all the time you would have though she would have been more encouraging, I guess she's just used to the majority not questioning it.

Wow how rude of her!

We're having a home birth too. And if everything is still healthy in there, then why not just wait on things to occur naturally?!
I guess some people don't understand that. :shrug:

Wow how rude of her!

We're having a home birth too. And if everything is still healthy in there, then why not just wait on things to occur naturally?!
I guess some people don't understand that. :shrug:

I know I was too shocked to say anything, but I kept quiet as she is actually really nice just not used to someone wanting to wait I guess, I'll give her the benefit of doubt for now. My OH will be coming to my appointment tomoza so extra support if I need it. As long as baby, placenta and amniotic is healthy there is no need to induce, as I will say tomorrow 'unless there's a medical necessity'. 95% of bubs will be here by 42 weeks, so Im surprised the EDD isnt extended till then...would save on alot of anxiety which ironically could delay the onset of labour. I could go on and on but there's plenty of info on the net supporting waiting until baby is ready. x

Why not? If everything is still fine and healthy? :shrug:

I went on my own with all of my previous pregnancies. I wasn't aware that they let pregnancies go that far past due dates. My apologies, as I wasn't aware of your birthing plan either.

Praying that you ladies go into labor naturally soon!

I hate how quick docs and even some midwives are to induce :( Esp because EDD's are based off of a 28 day cycle which not all of us have. For some women "42 weeks" is technically their 40th week.

Sounds like there's still a fair few of us in the same boat. I hope you ladies get your homebirths, stick to your guns! I had a sweep today and will have another on Sunday if I go till then. Because of possible size of baby compared to me (!) it's likely I'll be booked in for next Tuesday if nothing happens. I'm hoping the sweeps will set me off as I really want to use the pool and birthing unit rather than main labour ward. I never thought I'd be waiting this long... DS was 10 days early!! I'm not stressing though, it'll happen when it happens! I think other people are more worried about it than me! xx

Morning ladies! Who's still hanging on there? No contractions here but finally lost some plug this morning! It's a start! How's everyone else?

I lost some EWCM with a brown color in it just now, guess (part of) my plug?!
Woohoo! :haha:

Also been having quite regular contractions but not too painful, just like mild period cramps.
I'm timing them right now, they're quiet close together and in my lower belly and back.
I have a midwife appointment in an hour so wish me luck!

Good luck Lily!! Hope the contractions pick up! X

I'm still here too - I'm 42+3. Have refused a section (can't be induced as I'm a vbac) until next Monday when I'm 43 weeks. I've had to sign something saying I want no interventions and am being monitored every couple of days.
Lost the rest of my plug today and have been having irregular pains since yesterday - so hoping everything is kicking off now!
Ceri xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"