Any mommies have IBD or IBS-d??

littlejune

Reaction score
Hi mommies,

ok so I'm sure ALL of us are having some degree of gastric upset per our ever growing little beans. Hang in there! This post may be TMI so just a heads up- I'm talkin' poop here. :haha:

My question is specifically for women who have IBD like crohn's or colitis that usually causes you to have diarrhea several times a day or IBS-d that can cause that as well. I have a still not diagnosed disorder thought to be crohn's (long story short all of the tests became too much and I went into partial remission anyway)but is at very least some rare form of IBS-d that caused a 25 lb weight loss in six weeks for me.

Okay SO, I hear all of this talk about constipation and how it's to slow down digestion and nourish baby. Well- mine has slowed down A LOT (from 6-8 times during my remission and from 20+ times during my flare) to 2-3 times but still loose. I'm worried the baby is not getting nutrients. Is my digestion slowed down enough for it to absorb enough? I'm not vomiting a ton *thanks to my condition, I'm pretty much the queen of keeping in vomit after throwing up like 35 times a day haha* but I'm still worried the transit times through my small intestines *wherein the issue lies* is too fast for proper nutrient absorption.

Sorry this is very lengthy, but do any of you suffer from this and have advice OR at least a "don't worry" from your ob? Kinda nervous. TIA!

Hey littlejune. I have IBS but I'm finding it hasn't been that bad since I got pregnant. Its slowed a lot. I wish I had some encouragement for you but perhaps discuss your concerns with your doc? I'm sure your little one is getting what it needs, especially if you are able to keep food down and especially if your digestion has slowed some too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"